Old 05-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
New Girl

We just bought our first camper... I have 3 sons and a husband are we are all very excited for this new chapter. We bought a 26 foot 2012 Forest River Stealth Limited... I don't know what "Limited" means, if anyone can enlighten me? Also, any advice/resources you have, I'm all ears!

kylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Site Team
Your best resources are this forum. If you have any questions, a quick search should find answers. If not, just ask. There are no dumb questions, except unasked ones. Lots of good packing lists and non commercial opinions on just about anything. Make your first trip a short one close to home and bring pen and paper to make a list of everything you think you might need. Then Just have fun.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
Welcome and congrats on your first camper. Best advice I can give is understand how all your systems like AC,Furnace, water heater, etc work. And make sure you keep up with maintainance items like keeping the roof clean and check all caulking several times a season. Backing up is a skill that requires practice but gets better each time you try. Just take things slow as there is a learning curve. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people here on this forum. Campers in general are all helpful so if you have an issue while out camping you'll probably be able to get some advice from somebody there. Like Flybob said, have fun. That's why you bought a camper in the first place, right?
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
I think "Limited" means it's an upmarket version for more exclusive customers (a "Limited Edition"). Ford used on several of their car models. Eventually "LTD" became a model designator. Other car companies also use the acronym.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Welcome to the Forum and the RV lifestyle from Huntsville, AL!

You are going to need some start-up items (expect to shell out $600-800) Search the forums - there are several threads that discuss the Priority items you absolutely must have)

Ask away! We are a friendly bunch and are happy to help
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
Welcome from Ontario. Congratulations on your new purchase. I don't think limited means anything anymore, just chrome letters on the back trunk etc. What is limited when they make a million of them!

2009 F150 XLT crewcab 5.4L and 3.73
2010 Flagstaff 27 BHSS
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
Originally Posted by kylee View Post
We just bought our first camper... I have 3 sons and a husband are we are all very excited for this new chapter. We bought a 26 foot 2012 Forest River Stealth Limited... I don't know what "Limited" means, if anyone can enlighten me? Also, any advice/resources you have, I'm all ears!
<.< >.> :O

Site has sound now?

Welcome to FRF from SW Idaho...
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
Welcome to the forum. I expect that "Limited" is something that the marketing folks dreamed up to make a couple of extra features sound better (and to increase the price) I agree completely with the comments from Flybob and Wiscampsin. Lots of good advice and very knowledgeable people here. While it may seem pretty mundane, reading the manuals and learning HOW the various systems work on your rig will help you immensely in the long run. I suggest going slow with the extra purchases. After a couple of trips and forgetting some things you'll figure out what you need and what you want. One piece of friendly advise is don't ever scrimp on a sewer hose and the associated fittings. I won't elaborate but I'll always remember a morning in June of 2004.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

2015 Silverback 29IK
2010 Silverado 3500HD LTZ
6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000
2015 nights camped - 42
Flatlander49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:58 AM   #10
Site Team
Welcome to the RVing world! The best way to learn about your RV is to use it. Driveway camping is a good way to refresh your memory too. I would suggest keeping things simple until you develop your camping style.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

« Newbies | HELLO »