Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

New guy

Hey, my name is John and my family and I are proud owners of a new Wildwood 261BHXL. We're from Central Indiana, and camp mostly within the state.
We have been camping since 2008, which was with a '08 Trail Cruiser C191 Hybrid. With a trip to Disney coming up, we decided to move up to fully enclosed trailer. Have been very pleased, to say the least.
I own and teach piano at a small music studio, as well as accompany an area middle school's choir where a former college class mate is director. I also do concerts when the opportunity arises. Nice to meet all of you.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #2

Welcome. Hope you have a great time at Disney!
2001 Ford Excursion XLT
havdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
Hey, my name is John and my family and I are proud owners of a new Wildwood 261BHXL. We're from Central Indiana, and camp mostly within the state.
We have been camping since 2008, which was with a '08 Trail Cruiser C191 Hybrid. With a trip to Disney coming up, we decided to move up to fully enclosed trailer. Have been very pleased, to say the least.
I own and teach piano at a small music studio, as well as accompany an area middle school's choir where a former college class mate is director. I also do concerts when the opportunity arises. Nice to meet all of you.
Welcome Johnlll......you will meet some amazing folks here! Congrats on your you new Wildwood!! How exciting!! We love pics here on the forum, so please feel free to share! I actually saw a Wildwood today on hwy 54 in Jefferson City MO....sweet!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #5

elcome from Georgia

You have found a great place to chat with fellow coach owners...Learn lots of new stuff that many of us did not know before we got here...Be careful coming through Atlanta Georgia...Please do not come after three in the afternoon, and never come on Friday after noon...Best bet is to come through in the middle of the night...trust me on that...take I-285 around the city if possible..at mid-night the view of downtown is great and find if you stay on I-75 South..have any problems just give me a heads up...Red Top Mtn. State Park is a good place to stop for the night..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Welcome Johnlll......you will meet some amazing folks here! Congrats on your you new Wildwood!! How exciting!! We love pics here on the forum, so please feel free to share! I actually saw a Wildwood today on hwy 54 in Jefferson City MO....sweet!!
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wildwood 261BHXL.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
You have found a great place to chat with fellow coach owners...Learn lots of new stuff that many of us did not know before we got here...Be careful coming through Atlanta Georgia...Please do not come after three in the afternoon, and never come on Friday after noon...Best bet is to come through in the middle of the night...trust me on that...take I-285 around the city if possible..at mid-night the view of downtown is great and find if you stay on I-75 South..have any problems just give me a heads up...Red Top Mtn. State Park is a good place to stop for the night..
Oh my gosh LKicklight what great advice! My BFF and her guy were driving a big truck from Florida back to Missouri and went through Atlanta....at 2:00 in the afternoon....OMWord....I had heard stories and did not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes!! When we finally made it to the other side....we all laughed to relieve the tension!

Can you say ...... Scary?
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #8

We are going to FW right after school lets out next June. Kids will be 8 and 5, perfect age for the trip. My job/career makes it nearly impossible to go any other time of the year.
Last time I was at Fort Wilderness, it was 1979 and I was 4. Went down in my parent's 1976 Prowler travel trailer, pulled by a '76 chevy 1500 custom van (you know, with counter tops, cabinets, and curtains on the windows?) Trailer was white with orange and red graphics, and an interior to match. Tandem axles with moon hub caps. My folks took the whole family down a couple years ago for New Years (insane!)
This will be the last trip I make probably until I have grand kids. Once in a lifetime.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #9

Congrats on the new Wildwood. Just got back from FW a couple weeks ago. Completely agree on the 285 West bypass around Atlanta. Hit it on Saturday afternoons on the way down and back and had no issues. DW was checking on traffic.com as we were a little ways a way and it was great. Also if you need to go through Nashville I would recommend taking the Briley Parkway bypass if traffic is bad. Not a bad drive and only a couple stoplights at the end of it. We hit it on the way down because traffic was horrible as the CMAs were going on that weekend.

FW is awesome, kids were 5 and 7 and it was a perfect age for both this year.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #10

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camper!
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #11

Congrats on the new Wildwood. You've joined a great group full of expertise and ideas. Good to have another Hoosier in here. We're in Brownsburg and often hit Raccoon, Lieber and Rockville Lake. Keep your eyes out for us...we proudly display our forum sticker on the camper and truck!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #12

We're out of Fishers. We mostly hit the state parks (McCormicks, Spring Mill, Turkey Run, Brown County.) We're heading for Lake Rudolph and Holiday World tomorrow, hopefully the weather won't be too rough on us.

I had a couple of piano students from Brownsburg about 8-10 years ago. Both were great kids.