Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

New guy here. Just bought a 261bhxl!

Went camping iun our 2016 261bhxl last week. Just did a over night so the wife and I could enjoy it right away. Its a very nice camper, broke the couch but should be a easy fix, plus it's under warranty. There was apparently only one screw holding the one end together and that little screw couldn't support a friend of mines rump.

It pulls like a dream and I love the controller for deploying the stabilizer jacks, awning, and lights. We are gonna use it again this weekend. First we have to buy a lot of stuff. Hoses, wood for leveling etc.

Oh and the 2 dogs love it too.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappyFishRman View Post
Went camping iun our 2016 261bhxl last week. Just did a over night so the wife and I could enjoy it right away. Its a very nice camper, broke the couch but should be a easy fix, plus it's under warranty. There was apparently only one screw holding the one end together and that little screw couldn't support a friend of mines rump.

It pulls like a dream and I love the controller for deploying the stabilizer jacks, awning, and lights. We are gonna use it again this weekend. First we have to buy a lot of stuff. Hoses, wood for leveling etc.

Oh and the 2 dogs love it too.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Please tell me all about your experience/impressions of the TT. We take delivery of the same model on Friday. Can't wait to meet "Vera"

Really, there's no such thing as too much. I'm willing to read whatever you're willing to share.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #3

Haha, well havering power everything doesn't suck at all. The power front jack is slow but it beats the heck out of doing it by hand. The radio is pretty nice to. Love how we can play music in and outside the camper.

As far as storage... It has a TON! Everything seems to have storage under it. Table, rear bunks, cabinets and under the master bed all have huge storage areas.

The lights on the awning are pretty bright too. Was alittle afraid they wouldn't be, but come dark those things light up the area plenty!

I'm sure if come up with more but those are my first impressions. This is our first camper and we are very happy. Should suit our needs for a few years till we have kids.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappyFishRman View Post
Haha, well havering power everything doesn't suck at all. The power front jack is slow but it beats the heck out of doing it by hand. The radio is pretty nice to. Love how we can play music in and outside the camper.

As far as storage... It has a TON! Everything seems to have storage under it. Table, rear bunks, cabinets and under the master bed all have huge storage areas.

The lights on the awning are pretty bright too. Was alittle afraid they wouldn't be, but come dark those things light up the area plenty!

I'm sure if come up with more but those are my first impressions. This is our first camper and we are very happy. Should suit our needs for a few years till we have kids.
It's our first camper also. I feel like we are going to need tons of stuff hoses, etc after delivery on Friday. We weren't planning on buying until Jan but we loved everything about this model and the price was right. I love the "shoe nook" under the couch!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #5

Yeah the shoe nook is nice. I'll post a picture of where our couch failed at. The board that goes over the shoe nook and connects to the upright board only had 1 screw in it. When my buddy sat down the screw broke out alittle bit of the wood on the board that goes across the nook. Real easy fix but maybe the dealer can address it for you right away.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #6

We stayed two days in ours. Our only issue is that a couple of lights do not work.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #7

Mind if I butt in? Welcome from NE FLA!!!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

Hi FishRman, I just bought the same model, really like the power options as you said. My wife loves the outside kitchen with the extra fridge and sink. The only problem we have right now is the furnace does not work, which is a real pain because we are in Maine and the nights are still getting down to 40. Other than that we are happy.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #9

Congratulations and welcome from SW Idaho.

If I may suggest.

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=nw&...ed=0CAQQqS4oAQ

Use the wood for your stabs and jack.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigban157 View Post
Hi FishRman, I just bought the same model, really like the power options as you said. My wife loves the outside kitchen with the extra fridge and sink. The only problem we have right now is the furnace does not work, which is a real pain because we are in Maine and the nights are still getting down to 40. Other than that we are happy.
Lots of new 261 owners it seems!