Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #1

Post New here. Am interested in the Flagstaff 23FB

I saw a Flagstaff model this past weekend at the Richmond (VA) RV show that really intrigued me. It is the 23FB, with the Murphy bed. I liked the short queen that is the Murphy bed, but also like the extra room in the 23+ footer after the bed was folded into the front wall.

Also liked the rather large bathroom, including the glass enclosed shower.

The biggest draw back was the lack of outside storage since the Murphy bed took up most of what would have been pass through storage up front.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the site!

Often with the case of an RV you give up something to get something else. There are members here that have the Murphy bed in another unit that just love it. Not sure if it would be an option I personally would be interested in but it has it selling points.

Storage is an important feature but once you determine what all you plan on bringing into the RV (storage or otherwise) you should be able to see how the reduced space will fit into your needs.

I know you liked the open space the Murphy bed provides when not in use but it the Murphy bed an option that you can select not to get? Just wondering how a regular rv bed would affect the storage space for that unit.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

I looked at that Flagstaff 23FB on Friday with my DD and SIL..... we all thought that design was awesome. Best of both worlds.....a relatively small trailer with both a sofa and a walk-around queen bed that can stay made-up. Fold the back of the sofa down, lower the bed, and you are ready to sleep....no other hassles.

The missus and I saw that trailer at the Washington Area RV Show, and we both agreed that we would have bought that if we were aware of it at the time when we bought our SV 263....which is 28.5' overall.

I was actually at the Richmond show 2 times.....on Friday with my DD and SIL, and again Saturday with my DW.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #4

23fb

I have a 2011 Rockwood 2304s witch is the same trailer as the 23fb.We love the Murphy bed and the couch the trailer has alot of room for a 24ft tt.I have done a few mods to mine,changed stereo to a Jensen and added two windows up front and a few other things great tt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	10341   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	10342  
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #5

23fb

Iam sorry mine would be the same as 23fbs.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
Iam sorry mine would be the same as 23fbs.
The sales brochure indicates a dry hitch weight that is 15% of the dry weight. This indicates to me that the Murphy bed adds a lot of weight to the tongue.

If that's the case what do you do after filling up the fresh water tank, adding the battery(ies), and the two filled LPG bottles?

Do you have trouble keeping the tongue from going over 15%?
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #7

I have the Rockwood 2306 - which is the same Unit, length and floor plan as the 23FB
I do not have the Murphy bed option though - I have the queen.

If you decide to do the Murphy bed you can do the Lower Bunk Delete which gives you storage space on the Drivers side rear of the camper and has a outside door access - the down side is you lose one of the three bunks in the rear.

What would you be your tow vehicle if I can ask?

If you look at Hitches - Look at the Equalizer 4 Point Hitch - I am happy with it and have had zero issues so far - once your camper is loaded and fine tuned to the hitch it will give many miles of trouble free service.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23fb