Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #1

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
New here, researching before buying - TN

Hey there,

We aren't the traveling camper as much as the destination camper. We have a place on Boone Lake, TN near Bristol Motor Speedway where currently sits a 36 foot Gulfstream park model. We've been looking for over a year now for a new or newer park or destination model to replace it and have pretty much settled on the Forest River line. I'm one who researches before buying. I ask a lot of questions, read voraciously and learn as much as I can before I make any big purchase. I figured this forum will be a valuable resource in that direction.

We've been looking a lot at the Salem/Sandpiper and Cedar Creek destination trailers and really like the 393CK model in either Salem or Sandpiper. From what I've learned they are both the same basic models with decal and decor changes.

... back to lurking and reading.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #2

RV show in Asheville this weekend.....Home | WNC Mountain RV, Boat & Recreation Show
Hudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudlow View Post
RV show in Asheville this weekend.....Home | WNC Mountain RV, Boat & Recreation Show
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen anything on this one. Now I've got something to do and it's inside.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #4

Did you miss the one in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge that was a couple of weeks ago? Several of my buddies that belong to the Volunteer Campers went and said it was a great show with lots of different types of RVS, much better than the last few years shows. If you are interested, check us out on Volunteer Campers We are a pretty good group of campers and we are in your local vicinity (Tri), up into Sw Virginia and down toward Knoxville.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #5

I did miss the one in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge. There's been some busy weekends the past month. Usually, if there's not someplace else to be, and the overnight lows are above freezing, I'll be at my camper on the lake. I think I winterize/un-winterize way more times than most might consider normal. Got it down to about 10 minutes now with less than 2 gallons of pink.

Thanks for the tip on the VC group. I will check into it.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #6

Purchased a 2014 Sandpiper 393RL in November and am waiting for spring delivery to our seasonal site. Can't tell you much about it other than we liked the floorplan, headroom, storage, full sized shower, and king bed (two dogs, a cat, and two people in the same bed).

During our search we also liked the Cedar Creek Cottage series but those were priced well above the Sandpiper.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #7

Congrats on the 393RL! I like that floor plan but our lot has a restricted view from the rear of the unit so wanted something with the front living area, rear bedroom, hence 393CK. Same reasons here for that model only I have yet to allow either of the cats to come along. I've been seeing the Cedar Creek Cottage models for about $10-15k more than the Sandpipers. I'm not seeing the value so much after seeing both.