Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

New Jersey Newbie

Good to be here. Never was a camper person. Went on a camping trip this past August with my neighbor. ("Poppy" has a 29' Motorhome 4x4 amazing.) I rented an on site camper in Frontiertown Maryland campground with my wife and 2 of my 5 children. After the first night I went camper hunting ever day on Craig's List. Didn't miss a night. Went to the Hershey show in the rain from 9AM to 8PM. Went to the first New Jersey RV show at Lakewood Blue Claws Stadium again in the rain. I found my 5th Wheel 2008 Forest River Cardinal 38BHQS LE on Craig's List in Strasburg Pa. at Sauder Motors. Great people to work with. Thank you Daryn and Mr. Sauder. They delivered it to my office in New Jersey. We went on our first official camping trip at a local campsite and it was great. Just finished having a 50 amp plug installed at my house. Heck, I can camp in my driveway, where's the fire pit.....lol

We are already booked in April for Disney and were going back to Maryland in July. Looking for more places to go. Thanks to my good friend Dennis (Poppy) for helping me with my decision. I'm very happy....
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #2

Welcome, Baker. And congrats on the new camper. I'm about 1-1/2 hours from Tom's River, near Quakertown, PA. If you're looking for places to go, I would suggest buying a Woodall's catalog. They list campgrounds in all states along with size of campground, amenities, and prices from last year. Available at most Barnes and Nobles. Think I even saw few at Wallymart. Since you're near my climate, have you had any winterizing done to your unit?
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #3

Hi Mike,

Yes, I just winterized it last weekend. I used the air system and some anti freeze for the drains and toilets. I wanted to go away this weekend but plans changed. It's still set up with all the slides open and tv working. Hmmm are the Yankees playing tonight lol
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #4

Baker,
to the forums and congrats on the new camper. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Disney. I hope you are staying at Fort Wilderness. It's a great campground and the kids will love it. Been going almost every year since 1984 when my kids were small now going back with my grown children and my grand children. They have a ton of great memories and I'm sure your children will have great memories also.

Enjoy!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to jk31668
hello from down in cape may county
jk31668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #6

Hi TMMAR

I can't wait to go. All my children have been there but not camping. Wish they all would go, but they have other plans. Going with my 2 youngest ladies...6 & 4.

Hi JK 31668

Were neighbors....lol...Can't wait for the 2011 season. Will be going all around our area and I'm sure will be going to Cape May.....do you have any recommendations?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #7

Welcome. You are always welcome in Canada (as far as I know anyway) and there is lots to see and do, especially in the Maritimes. We were there this summer and really enjoyed it. If you do decide to come this way don't forget you will need passports to get in and out of the U.S and Canada now. Wherever you decide to travel we hope you enjoy your new trailer. Old Guys