Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Hello All

Newly-joined member of the forum. My wife and I are renting our first Travel Trailer in a few weeks. It is a Cougar x-lite 29.5. We have a 2012 F150 SuperCrew 5.0L with tow package. We are ok in terms of capacity.

We retire in four more years, and one of the options is to do some trailering around the country and into the US. We are renting now to determine whether we like RV'ing (we tented for many years), and what features we will look for when we buy.

I enjoy doing research, and find forums such as this one are an excellent place to gather knowledge, and ask lots of questions.

I look forward to learning and discussing this new adventure. Glad to be here.
hyperhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #2

2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Great idea to rent first to see what features you like. While you're camping it wouldn't hurt to walk the campground and ask what others like/don't like about their rigs. The more research you do the more of an informed decision you'll make when the time comes.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
boatman

Welcome to the Forum
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Anacortesians

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of very experienced folks on here, willing to share their experiences. We've been RVers for three years with our present rig and previously had two years with an absolutely awful Class C.

I assume you're Canadians from your mention of going "into the US". We're close to the border in Washington State - about 50 straight-line miles and maybe 70 or so by road. We're 20 miles west of the "concrete compass", also known as Interstate 5. The gap in I-5 was re-opened today with a temporary span and the final fix should be in place by the end of Septmber.

BTW, DW and I are ex-pat Brits, originally from the town of Leyland (Lancs) and have been in the US since 1968.