Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

New member Arctic Wolf rv.

Just purchased a 2018 Attic Wolf 5th wheel. A little dissapointed with quality of camper but knew that weight would be a trade off. Have a 2002 Holiday Rambler 32 foot. Craftsmanship no comparison.
Pros of the artic Wolf
Light, mine was 6100 lbs dry
Well priced.
Outdoor kitchen. They moved the grill on mine to the right of the door. I had read that at one time it was below the access door. Much better.
The revelation hitch I guess would be a plus but I have mine locked in place to use my GOOSENECK adaptor.
The cargo deck on back is great. I haul a 300 lb scooter on it.
The bunk beds are big and roomy. 40 inch by 72 inch 300 lb weight rating
Has a nice look.
Cons.
No storage. This is probibly my biggest con. I have built shelves and added hangers wher I can.
Cheap made. We have had to replace the water pump. Repair several water leaks. Rreplumb the water heater with new stop valves. The tv door broke off and fell in the floor. You need to beef this up. I had to shim the door and install barrel bolts top and bottom. Also install a handle to open.
The self level is nice but mine has locked up several times and no override. I cut all power to camper and reboot when it happens
The thermostat is crap. I plan to replace mine as soon as I can.
The bed room is vary small. Not much storage even with the slide closet but there again is the weight trade off.

I am a maintaince tech so I can work and remodel on mine. A lot of things that are weak on this can be beefed up. There are some hidden storage places that can be accessed with some work.

All in all it is ok for the price. I was dissapointed that I had to do so much to it, being new. When I look close at the workmanship, I raised the asking price of my Holiday Rambled
The con on the Holiday Rambled was 16000 lbs loaded.
I have been thru mine so if you need help on something drop me an email.
Don
bushdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your Arctic Wolf 5thwheel !
Old 03-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Arctic Wolf!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

Welcome from SE PA. Enjoy the forums!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
Censored Member

I’m in the market for a new RV and looked at an Artic Wolf 306ML6 today. I wasn’t impressed and what’s up with the itty bitty BBQ size propane bottles?

The Artic Wolf’s name gives one the impression it’s made for cold weather but I couldn’t find any information about R-values. I think this brand is smoke and mirrors.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
I’m in the market for a new RV and looked at an Artic Wolf 306ML6 today. I wasn’t impressed and what’s up with the itty bitty BBQ size propane bottles?

The Artic Wolf’s name gives one the impression it’s made for cold weather but I couldn’t find any information about R-values. I think this brand is smoke and mirrors.
I think you'll find most lie about being 4 season campers. I have duel 30lbs cylinders in my artic wolf. That is what most 5ers have so I've gathered.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 03-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
Site Team

FR doesn't make any true 4 season trailers.
They did make an Ice Cabin line for a couple of years but dropped it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
FR doesn't make any true 4 season trailers.
They did make an Ice Cabin line for a couple of years but dropped it.
I'm not even looking for a 4 season camper but after looking at the Arctic Wolf I don't think that is even a good 3 season camper.

I can't for the life of me understand why they put such small propane tanks in the fifth wheel.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

What size cylinders do you have, I have a 2018 and it has 2 30's.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 03-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #11

Welcome from MN.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:14 AM   #12

Welcome!
I have the 265dbh8 Arctic Wolf. Aside from poor craftmanship on the small details (trim falling off, plywood not cut nice, etc.) our biggest complaints were lack of storage. I think i was one of the Arctic Wolf owners on this forum. I started a thread where i talked about converting our outside kitchen to storage.

Have you explored adding storage under the rear stairs going to the bunks yet? That's my project for this year.

Also, has anyone else wondered why they didn't add more windows that actually open?? It's really tough to get a nice breeze through this rig. Not sure if it was a structure thing or what.

SOLD-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 w/ Max Trailering Package
willie1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #13

2018 Arctic Wolf 305 ML6 Owner

I own a 2018 Arctic Wolf 305 ML6 and love it. It is designed to be half-ton towable and it has delivered. Im under weight limits and it hauls easily. Also, the Arctic Wolf pin design allows for a fifth wheel hitch in my 5 1/2 ft box and it has 100% clearance of the cab. I don't live near mountains so Im guessing the 1/2 ton is not ideal for steep inclines. For those waiting to reply about the merits of bigger trucks, I am certain bigger trucks are better, but Im talking about minimum safety ratings and my experience. Yes, bigger trucks would be ideal. Probably a Kenworth would be better than your F-350. Im sure there is a trucker out there who would say "I'd never pull that with a 350!"

The camper is built light weight by design, but if we don't swing from the cabinet doors it should last for years. Features are terrific, has aerodynamic tow design, and the opposing slides provides home-like family space. Two a/c units, large tanks, and comfort everywhere. I don't like dining booths so the table and chairs in the distinct kitchen area are perfect.

The arctic wolf we have does not claim to be four seasons, but the heater lines do run parallel to all water lines, heated tanks, so it can run earlier and later than my previous campers.

For the price, it is a great buy and we love it. Nothing but a good experience so far.
Pbarnes100 is offline   Reply With Quote