Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #1

Red face New Member-Decided upon the R-Pod

Hey There,
Thanks for welcoming me. My husband and I are pretty inexperienced trailer people (as in NONE) and so please forgive me since all of this is a bit new. After agonizing for a long time Casita vs R-Pod we settled on the R-Pod for our ultra light we are looking at the RP-177 which is listed at 2,459 for dry weight. our first step is to buy a vehicle that can safely tow our trailer.. I am hoping a Nissan Xterra or Nissan Pathfinder would do the trick. If anyone has any general info on this (I can also search existing threads, BUT it told me I had to do a "welcome message" so here it is! Thanks much. T
Thyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
NELA

While I do *not* get into the weight/towing issues (lordy lordy I stay WAY away from that) LOL I'd like to congratulate you on your RPod! I looked those up online and had NO idea they even have a slider!

So congratulations and welcome to the forum!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #3

Thanks, actually I really liked the Rpod because for me storage is a huge issue.. and while the dinette on that side would be nice, but I plan to use the "bunk bed" area for storage. (I am an artist and hubby is an author, we need to store paint supplies and books) I think this configuration will be ideal
Thyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I really like the R-Pods. IMHO whoever designs them puts alot of thought into it to get so many amenities into a trailer of that size.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, I have a 2014 nissan pathfinder platinum and it tows my HW276 just fine. The dry weight is about 2800lbs and maxed out at about 3500lbs
stryke-force is offline   Reply With Quote