Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #1

New member - experienced camper

I'm a new member but I've been camping for years.

I just upgraded to a Solaire 307QBDS. It's our 5th camper after 3 popups and 1 TT. We needed lots of beds because we always have friend or cousins along in addition to our 3.

I participate in Indian Princesses with my daughter and Guides with my boys(estimated 30 campouts with daughter and 30 with boys). My Daughter is by far my most avid camper though. Finally after upgrading to the travel trailers is mama coming around to get in to this camping thing! This explains our latest TT purchase.

In reading these forums it occurs to me that the friends I've made in Indian Princesses are like the posters here. We all love camping and we all "get it" when it comes to family time and camping. Most have wives that are indifferent but some like it. We've made some great friends this way.

Our daughters love camping and it's a special bond we have. I have friends with grown daughters that have their son-in-laws come to them and ask "your daughter insists that I take her camping and I just don't understand". Pretty funny.

I'm looking forward to learning from these forums. Only discovered them after buying my new trailer. I've already picked up several fantastic ideas.

I've got one trip to Durango, Colorado next summer(from West Texas). Appreciate any ideas for trips in this part of the country, with water and electricity of course.

I pull my TT with a 3/4 ton 2004 Chevy pu. It's going to belong to my oldest son, now 15, but I'll have around a few more years for my use. We also have an expedition to pull it with when we bring friends.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1234877846.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	43241   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-939200079.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	43242   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2114816600.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	43243   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4070720255.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	43244  
WestTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #2

I have the exact same camper no issues at all with it. Your family will have a great time.
Ram2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #3

Sweet!!! Very nice...I am jealous.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #4

Ram,

Thanks for the feedback on the camper.

Really looking forward to using it next year(a lot!).
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Hi there. My husband and I were in Durango this past September. We recommend United Campground on Hwy 550 North of Durango. The shuttle bus comes right by the campground for rides into the city. And the campground is right beside the train that goes up to Silverton, which you must visit. You can take the train (steam engine) or drive but it's a must see town. And when you go downtown Durango, there is an old drug store on the Main Street that is a great restaurant. Enjoy your visit there!
Shirley
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexas View Post
...I participate in Indian Princesses with my daughter and Guides with my boys(estimated 30 campouts with daughter and 30 with boys)...
Really enjoyed the YMCA Indian Guides. Both boys were in it for several years and we enjoyed camping in the authentic 1/2 scale teepee we made. Didn't realize how large a real teepee was until we did some research. Those things ave. around 16'-18' across and were elliptical. Ours even had the inner canvas liner which allowed us to actually built a fire inside and not get smoked out.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #7

I admire your building a real teepee but I definitely enjoy my "iron teepee".