Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #1

New Member from Northern Nevada

My name is Chris Wenzel. I'm a pastor of a small church in Lovelock, NV and I am in the curiosity stage of investigating what is out there with pop ups today... eventually I hope to purchase down the road. I currently have a 1990 Coleman Sierra pop up, but it's time to find something newer with more contemporary features that are missing from my old boy.

I like the fact that a pop up is easier on the gas tank, better to tow in the windy desert, and easier to maneuver into tight spaces. I like the tent feel of the outdoors, but also like having the modern conveniences found in fifth wheels and big RV's. I want to make some lasting memories with my kids like my dad did with me when we tent-camped. But make it bearable for my wife whose not so keen on sleeping bags, dirt, hard ground, mosquitoes, dirt, campgrounds bathrooms... and dirt.

Here's to good times and to good memories...
cwenzel70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Just my opinion

Welcome! Looking at your "not so keen" list, it's going to be kind of hard to get your wife out camping! Good luck with your search.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2013 - days engaged in camping so for... (28)
normh915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest visiting as many dealers and look at as many different models/floorplans as you can. With your needs/wants list narrow down your search. Wouldn't hurt to walk around a campground and ask pup owners what the like and don't like about their pups. There's basic and ones that have hardwall bathrooms and size & weight will vary widely. Just make sure your tow vehicle can safely tow whatever you're considering.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote