Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

New Member from Ohio

Just joined the forum this morning and have been reading through lots of interesting and helpful threads today. We ordered a new 2013 Salem 30QBSS on 12/7, and now we're playing the waiting game. Our dealer told us that it wouldn't be delivered until March. Seems like a long time to me, but I don't know anything about Forest River's production schedule. I can't go camping now anyway, but I'm just so excited to get it home. We were tent campers, then bought a used pop up that we used for a couple years. From that, we moved up to a 17' Palomino Hybrid. It was cute as the dickens, but had NO room in it. We have 3 grandsons who love camping with us, so we made up our minds that we were going for a new camper that had everything we wanted to be comfortable. The 30QBSS had the quad bunks we wanted, the counter space I had been dreaming of, lots of storage, and plenty of seating for the family. It absolutely ALWAYS rains when we camp, and trying to crowd 7 people into a 17' camper to wait out the storm happened too many times!
bjjohnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Salem 30QBSS. When we factory ordered our Sabre last Feb our dealer said it would be 6-8 weeks. It was at the dealer 7 weeks to the day we ordered it. Our dealer did call us with a VIN number once it was off the line.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. It's always nice having other's from Ohio here. Have you been to the RV & Boat show going on this weekend in Columbus. They have lot's to look at there. Have a great time camping in the spring. We really miss it right now.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the Forest River Forums Family! Great choice with going with a Salem unit. Tent camping lacks space and the unit you have selected seem to have a lot more storage so you should be pretty happy with your choice.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote