Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #1

Smile New member from Oklahoma

I just found this forum the other day. We're from Eufaula, OK. Located in east central Oklahoma.
We own a 2006 Salem LE 26FLS. Just right for my wife and I. Whenever the grandkids tag along they are small enough to use the couch or dinette.
My TV is a 2007 F-150 XLT Reg. Cab, 5.4V8 w/Tow Package. Handles this trailer real well.
We like to camp at state parks but will probably check out some privately owened parks next summer. So far have only camped at local areas but are looking forward to some trips within 200 miles or so next year.
Would like to hear suggestions on camping areas from anyone who has camped in western Arkansas or southern Missouri.
Attached Images

grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #2

to FRF!!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #3

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hello and welcome.
Sounds like someone is heading to Branson???

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #5

Branson??? Maybe.
My brother stoped by there on the way back form the NASCAR race at Indy. He only had a day or two and said he wished he could have stayed longer. He found out that there is more to see and do other than the shows.
I'll have to get some more info before I plan a trip there. Looking at Hot Springs as well. Have heard some good things about that area.
So many campgrounds around those two areas it's hard to know which to pick. As I stated before we usually camp at state parks. The ones we usually camp at are pretty quiet and most of the people we meet are friendly.
We like to meet people and the kids are fun to watch. Our four grandaughters are 5yrs,4yrs,2yrs & 8 months, so we're use to small children. Pets don't bother us as long as their owners are responsible. We have two dogs, but we don't bring them with us.
I believe most campgrounds would work for us but I also know that people have had some bad experiences with some. If anyone can give a report, good or bad, on any in those areas I would appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit T & C.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	563  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 AM   #6
PSB

Extended Warranty

In June we purchased '08 Forest River Rockwood 8318SS. Love the trailer. I have questions about continued service plans. I didn't realize that I could of purchased an extended warranty for 1 yr through Forest River for $100, my dealer never told me. So I am looking at other alternatives such as good sam club, they quoted me $312 for 2 yrs. I called another RV dealer and he quoted me $1577 from Protective for 5 yrs., my dealer quoted $1999 for Protective. My question is has anybody dealt with good sam? How were your claims handled. Also, what is the difference between good sam and Protective. Still trying to figure out if I really need protection at this time since I still get the manufactures 2 yr warranty on such items as: A/C, Refrigerator, Furnace, Range, Gas Water Heater, Power Center, Water Pump just to name a few. Would appreciate any input. Thanks
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 AM   #7
PSB

Warranty

Oops, also forgot to mention I have the Concertone ZW500 when watching dvds after about 1.5 hrs system freezes I have to shut down, then re-start and search where the movie left off. Volume is horrible, fine just watching tv but videos too loud. Saw other posts that people received the new model ZX600 how has that been. Thanks
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #8

grhodes50 & PSB,

to the FR forums.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
grhodes50 & PSB,

to the FR forums.
DITTO
Welcome folks
glad to have new folks here, Ok isnt very far from us Neighbor
dont know to much bout hot springs, but up in lil rock there is a great corps engineer park right on the arkansas river that is out of this world in scenery and AHHHHHHHHH this is good
of course the link is on my other computer, but we do have a pinned link here for all federal and state parks

http://www.recreation.gov/

register there and it will let you see all federal and state parks
Old 12-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #10

Thanks powerboatr!
I've checked the link you provided. There are several campgrounds along the Ark River around Little Rock. I'll take more time later and see if I can find the one you were talking about.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Thanks powerboatr!
I've checked the link you provided. There are several campgrounds along the Ark River around Little Rock. I'll take more time later and see if I can find the one you were talking about.
ooops i left out the name didnt I sorry
MAUMELLE corps of engineers park, map leadin gto it is not as confusing as google makes it
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #12

to the Forest River Forums. Glad you found us. Its a great group here. Enjoy yourself.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #13

Not sure what you are looking for in Southern Missouri but check this link on the black river. The river is crystal clear, rock bottom, not very deep (in spots its deep) and is a canoe floatable. Quite a bit of canoing on the weekends. there is a canoe rental right by these campgrounds. Also a nice rock formation just about 30 minutes called the Johnson Shutins. Cool big rocks with the water diverting all around.
http://www.recreation.gov/campground...O&parkId=71205
steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #14

Hey powerboatr!
Thanks for the info. I checked it out and it looks pretty good. Noticed that Hot Springs is just a little further south. Maybe could make a nice trip out of it.
Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #15

Welcome to the forums!

Rebecca

Ted & Rebecca
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315SS (Cream Cabinets)

10 year old Lab - Morgan
1 year old Basset Hound - Lola

2 Teenage Sons

Interior Designer for homes & RV's - Love my Job!
the happy hour oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #16

South west MO resident

We live about 5 miles from Table Rock Lake in sw mo. 19 miles from Branson. Check out the corp. campgrounds. Cape Fair, Millcreek are ones that we go to for short trips. Enjoy time on the lake but then can drive into Branson for a day or so.
lierz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #17

Camping at Eufaula Ok

Where do you suggest at Eufaula Lake is the best site? We have 2 kids and their families from Dallas that meet us there for get togethers. Have been there once and really enjoyed it.
lierz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #18

We camp at Lake Eufaula State Park. There are two campgrounds. Easy to get to and roads are very good. Paved roads in the campgrounds and most sites are roomy, paved and level. Riding stables and a nice golf course just a few miles away.
The largest campground has lots of shade and is close to the marina (they have boat and jet ski rentals), boat ramp and an indoor fishing dock. Good crappie and catfish spot. Easy place for kids to fish. Also has a small cafe. There is a Nature Center the kids will enjoy. A couple of walking paths as well. Close to the water but no sites on the water. Water and electric hookups, 30 and 50 amp and a dump station. Unless they've changed, $16 to $18 (50 amp) on weekends and Holidays. $14 to $16 (50 amp) on Sundays and weekdays.
The other campground is not as large or near the water. Has partial shade but full hook ups. 30 amp only. $16 on Sunday and weekdays, $18 on holidays and weekends.
Only 2 or 3 miles from each other. Both have a pavilion and playgrounds. A swimming beach with playground equipment is located close to the large campground. It's not unusual to see deer, turkey and other wildlife in the campgrounds.
Of course being a State Park they don't take reservations. On holiday weekends people come from Tulsa, OKC, Ft. Smith and Dallas, so the campgrounds can fill up pretty quick. You'll need to get there by Wednesday or Thursday to pick your site. By Friday morning you get whats left. After that on big holidays your lucky to find a spot. Some people call in on Tuesday or Wednesday and pay for their site over the phone by credit card. They pay up through the weekend. If your traveling far that may be the only way to get a guaranteed site. I met a guy from Kansas 2 years ago on Memorial Day that did that. Good thing he did. All sites were taken by Friday afternoon. Any other weekend it's no problem finding a site.
Belle Starr campground has water and electric. You can get a site on the water with partial shade. Marina, cafe, indoor fishing dock and boatramp there also. It's been a few years since I've camped there. Rough narrow 2 lane for about 5 or 6 miles getting there.
I hope that helps you. If you decide to come up, I think you'll enjoy the lake.

The pictures on my post were taken at the campground with full hoockups last November.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #19

Welcome to the Forest River Forums.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #20

Thanks lier!
I meant to tell you that on my last post. I will check out those campgrounds you mentioned. I always liked S.W. Mo. Went there with my parents 3 or 4 times on vacation when I was young. I think it would be nice to go there again after all these years. I'm pretty sure we spent some time at Table Rock. I do remember Rockaway Beach. I don't think it's as nice a spot now as it was back then. At least that's what some family members told me a few years back after they had gone by there.
I forgot to mention that both campgrounds at Lake Eufaula State Park have restrooms and showers. They clean them every morning.
Thanks again for the tip on Table Rock.