Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

New member from Tucson

Hi all.

I've been a member since 2014 but never introduced myself, and have not used the forum much. I have a 2013 Forest River MicroLite 18FBRS, a 20 foot travel trailer. It is our 3rd RV, preceded by an old 31 foot Bounder when we had kids and more dogs, then an 19 foot Roadtrek (lost to a collision). We decided we wanted to try towing, mainly so as to have a smaller vehicle to use while camping. It's been nice, as it also added a lot of cargo capacity in the truck bed, for bikes, kayaks, etc etc. Now we are fully retired and traveling with it more. This summer we are planning our longest outing, about 2 months, camping throughout the northwest to visit some national parks we've not yet seen (or not seen enough of) and race a half ironman triathlon in the middle of the trip in Coeur d'Alene. Should be a great trip.

We've been working to prep for this trip, and though we don't use it much, our fresh water pump has failed and I'd like to get it working again before leaving. I know there will be plenty of times we would like water when not hooked up. Hoping to get some advice from you all. I'll post the specifics in some more appropriate place.

Bill
wizardofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

Welcome from SW Ohio .
Old 05-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #3

I grew up in SW Ohio, outside Cleves, a few miles west of Cincinnati.
wizardofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #4

Welcome from Tucson/Oro Valley!

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofaz View Post
I grew up in SW Ohio, outside Cleves, a few miles west of Cincinnati.
Do you miss the humidity ? When we go out west , we miss it ,dearly. BTW , the Reds & Bengals are the pits .
Old 05-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofaz View Post
Hi all.

I've been a member since 2014 but never introduced myself, and have not used the forum much. I have a 2013 Forest River MicroLite 18FBRS, a 20 foot travel trailer. It is our 3rd RV, preceded by an old 31 foot Bounder when we had kids and more dogs, then an 19 foot Roadtrek (lost to a collision). We decided we wanted to try towing, mainly so as to have a smaller vehicle to use while camping. It's been nice, as it also added a lot of cargo capacity in the truck bed, for bikes, kayaks, etc etc. Now we are fully retired and traveling with it more. This summer we are planning our longest outing, about 2 months, camping throughout the northwest to visit some national parks we've not yet seen (or not seen enough of) and race a half ironman triathlon in the middle of the trip in Coeur d'Alene. Should be a great trip.

We've been working to prep for this trip, and though we don't use it much, our fresh water pump has failed and I'd like to get it working again before leaving. I know there will be plenty of times we would like water when not hooked up. Hoping to get some advice from you all. I'll post the specifics in some more appropriate place.

Bill
Welcome. I think if you use the search button top right and type in "water pump" you will find lots of reading for your problem. It seems to be a hot topic. The pumps are very rebuildable. You don't need to buy a new one.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum from Northern California
jbardellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #8

We need to know a little more about the pump failure. Does it turn on? Does it not pump water, is it possible the winterizing valve got turned to the winterize position? I just replaced the water pump in my TT because after I winterized I left it on (it was so quiet) for 4 days running dry. The motor still works but the old one was noisy so I decided to get a new one. I checked the cost of parts to rebuild the old one but the parts cost nearly as much as a complete new pump. You need to shop around to get the best price. I got my new one from Amazon.
Replacement was easy, just two wires and 4 screws in the base and uncouple the water lines. The new pump does not come with the little filter so you will need to unscrew it from the old pump and put on the new one.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #9

Welcome from SW Virginia !!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote