Old 08-16-2015, 10:04 AM   #11

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie with some TT knowledge. We aren't really in a hurry at all to buy one since summer is almost over once again. I looked and there is an RV show in KC in January. That is on the calendar now and a must see. As long as i can remember what the budget is and not get blinded by all the fancy big rides there! haha. Thanks again

Old 08-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #12

I am thinking we will be towing it back and forth all the time. Not sure if we will stay in one spot to long. There are a couple lakes around here and most are about an hour away. That is the biggest problem I have right now. The jeep is barely big enough but could pull it. So do i go with a smaller trailer and sacrifice space for a year and maybe trade up after that. Or do I just get a little bigger one and hope my jeep can hold out for a year and then trade up the TV. I would hate to be stranded on the side of the road heading to the lake and never get there though...

Sorry this was suppose to be a reply to wbdavey. Still figuring everything out. Love the site though! So much information in one place.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #13

Bought 6 campers in 5 years. You can never trade campers and feel like you got a good deal. Went from pulling with Jeep Commander to 1/2 ton pickup to 3/4 ton pickup. Spent a huge amount of money unnecessarily. Should have bought the pickup first and then pick the camper that I ended up with. Would have saved a whole lot of money.