Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #1

New member who is new to campers

I have done a lot of tent camping in the past but never had a camper. That changed a few weeks ago. My wife and I picked up a 2014 Microlite 21FBRS. I don't see too many tents in my future now.

I traded in my Ford Ranger on a 2012 Ford F-150 with the 4.6l v8 and it tows it well. It should as it is a pretty light weight camper. We also had a weight distributing, anti-sway hitch installed.

We have had it to the North Georgia mountains and to Hungry Mother Park in SW Virginia. Our additions so far are a artificial turf carpet for under the awning, Coleman propane stove and lantern, floor mat at the door, leveling blocks, wheel chocks, sewer hose support, outdoor table and camp chairs. I have also added a rack to the truck to haul kayaks (which are new to us as well).

Our next area to tackle is the shower. I plan to install a soap dispenser, shower head with on/off switch and splash guards in the corner. Other than that, I think we are pretty well set. The trailer is just big enough for the two of us and I am looking forward to many more nights out in it.

gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #2

Hello there and welcome. We are also former tenters and upgraded three years ago - but we selected a popup. Thought it was something my current vehicle could tow (it was but barely - we upgraded the tow vehicle the next year LOL). Our first year with the pup was full of learning experiences - still have them but not nearly as many. We have a blast and it looks like you will too.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2014 Microlite 21FBRS. Nice list of mods you've completed so far.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #4

Welcome. Nice looking trailer. I see you kayak. Wife and I take ours with us and love exploring the lake. Here's to the adventure ahead.
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #5

Welcome and congrats on your new trailer.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthefunofit View Post
Welcome. Nice looking trailer. I see you kayak. Wife and I take ours with us and love exploring the lake. Here's to the adventure ahead.
Actually, we just got into kayaking too. Since many campgrounds are near rivers, lakes and oceans, might as well get out in them. Maybe even catch dinner once in a while.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #7

Congrats! Nice looking camper!!!
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote