Old 07-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
In texas you have to get the parts (mirrors, signals etc) installed, then get "green card" at inspection and then have the title changed....I bought the parts but never got around to it...in Texas if your within 25 miles of your "farm" your good...thats all I needed....

Oddly my golf cart IS street legal, but my county has an ordinance against them ....go figure...lol..
You are correct. I was trivializing it a bit. To make it street legal you need all the safety components necessary to be installed, but you would also need to go through the usual registration steps which include (for us anyways) getting a real title (or green card), proof of insurance (which I have anyways), a formal inspection to verify the retrofit was done correctly and finally registration and mounting of the license plate.

Rural Nevada is pretty lax about OHVs so it's never been a problem for me. Plus, we always have a backup street legal ride on hand (the tow truck) if needed when we're out and about.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #12

Its probably similar everywhere (I would think?)...I got to thinking and was like...why do I REALLY need it street legal?...but heck where I live its not uncommon to see golf carts and such at the grocery getting beer n snacks...lol...I could only imagine the looks I would get ripping a rzr onto the lawn of the quick mart for a 6pack.....I have however ridden my 212cc mini bike (not street legal) up there...I just got thumbs up...im sure an officer of the legal law type might have thought differently....lol

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #13

Unless you're being a drunken idiot, rolling around with kids hanging off the sides/roof or other obviously unsafe practices most of the local law enforcement won't give you a second look.

Heck, most give me the thumbs up when they roll by cause they have one just like it...

While I have heard the rumors of locals being messed with, I've personally never had a single one even stop to ask me questions about it.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #14

In our housing division they issue citations now for golf carts. ....within the last couple of years the neighborhood kids really got bad with them...lots of pi$$ed off retirees because they were disrespectful and there were numerous accidents on top of that. .....so now they stop ALL carts on the paved roadway...

Personally ive never been stopped, but I try and stay outta the way and respect others homes/yards/evening strolls....or offer a ride and a cold beer...lol
Old 08-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #15

Welcome to the forums from Huntsville, AL!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #16

Not sure what kind of steroids you have to feed a golf cart, but I like it. I bet the golf course grounds keeper would love to see those knobbies on his turf. How fast does it go?

Speaking of kids and golf carts. I am sure it isn't unique in the world, but in Myrtle Beach there's a campground / resort called Ocean Lakes. It is both a campground and has rentals and owned beach houses, some very elegant. I have never seen that many golf carts in one place at one time in my life. They drive around all day, but in the evening they parade them, all decked out with lights and flags. I think OL has 900 carts for rent... you can bring your own (you have to pay to register it) about 900 camp sites and 300 rental units. They have decent security and regulate carts very closely, so other than a holiday weekend, it isn't that bad. I don't want to be with 3000 of my closes friends... not that close!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #17

Paper says she'll do 65. I can believe that in the right conditions she can as I've had her up to 60 before myself. And that's just the 800cc 53HP model. They have a 1000 out now making 107HP. It's crazy.

Already know of a few who have found out the hard way just how quickly she'll get you into uncontrollable speeds.

I've never gotten her into anything she couldn't get out of, but I must admit I've come pretty close to rolling her a few times which is surprisingly hard to do given her stature.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #18

5 days old I flipped mine...in my back yard!!...they said it looked gnarly...two complete rolls n landed upright. ..lol...I have bad luck with stuff like that...had a 4 day old Suzuki tt 1000....old lady pulled in front. ..dumped bike and it slid under her caddy....I walked away bike was totalled.....

Cracked the gel coat on the boat 1st trip out...

Put the first ding on my truck 1week in with a socket sitting on the bumper and I lowered tail gate.... :-( doh!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #19

Well, here's to better luck for your future endeavors.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
5 days old I flipped mine...in my back yard!!...they said it looked gnarly...two complete rolls n landed upright. ..lol...I have bad luck with stuff like that...had a 4 day old Suzuki tt 1000....old lady pulled in front. ..dumped bike and it slid under her caddy....I walked away bike was totalled.....

Cracked the gel coat on the boat 1st trip out...

Put the first ding on my truck 1week in with a socket sitting on the bumper and I lowered tail gate.... :-( doh!
Stop buying new stuff!

Tags
toy hauler, trailer