Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #31

Wow! I'm impressed - where have you all been? We've had our Windjammer 3025W with the Diamond package for 2 years and have only seen one other one on the road. We took it to the dealer last week for the first time that we've needed warranty work and for a recall on the awning motor. We love our Windjammer! Hope you Newbies enjoy yours!
I agree that FRF needs to add Windjammers in their own sub-topic. We're special.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:57 AM   #32

New Member With New Windjammer

New Member With My First Trailer - New Windjammer

I just purchased a new 2016 Windjammer 3029W after shopping around for over a year. I am new to travel trailers in general. I have rented a few times and several of my friends have travel trailers. We like to travel on the road and take trips and this will take it to the next level, we will always be at home where ever we go.

I have been reading the information on the forums and find it interesting and helpful so I joined and became part of the Forest River family.

Thanks

James

Austin Texas - Live Music Capital of the World & Home of the Longhorns!
ElShamardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #33

MainelyUS
We try to limit our driving time to 4-5 hours a day. Try to book a site (preferably a state park) ahead of time. If possible, I don't even unhook the TV; then leave the next morning around 8 or 9. Being retired we are in no hurry so this works for us.
Happy camping & stay safe!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #34

Great resource!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElShamardo View Post
New Member With My First Trailer - New Windjammer

I just purchased a new 2016 Windjammer 3029W after shopping around for over a year. I am new to travel trailers in general. I have rented a few times and several of my friends have travel trailers. We like to travel on the road and take trips and this will take it to the next level, we will always be at home where ever we go.

I have been reading the information on the forums and find it interesting and helpful so I joined and became part of the Forest River family.
Well, Welcome to the forum. We had parents with RVs that we pulled years ago, but it had been a while since they have all gone. So, we had some "owner" questions and I found most of the answers here. This forum is a tremendous source of information that you can filter and do research for almost any issue. I tend to go outside to check some of the statistics given before I change something, but there is a great deal of experience available that you can use to camp safely, travel safely, maintain, and have the most enjoyment from your new Windjammer. Welcome.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Windjammer.
As a new WJ owner I've found FRF to be the best resource of helpful, timely information.
I like Papa GLS' idea of a WJ club...the only WJ we have seen on the roads in the Nor'east is when I look in the rear view mirror and see ours following the TV.
Maybe FRF could add a sub-forum "Windjammer" under the General Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel Discussion

Enjoy your WJ.
Happy Trails
I understand the (Sub-Forum) request,(BUT) we have a (V-Nose Group) listed under (Community) at the Top,Go there then (Social Groups) then (V-Nose Owners)! Since it started there are 40+ V-Nose Members,BUT Very Little (Action/Play)! In regards to (Very Few Sighting of V-Nose Units) we see Lots on our travels,there are (7) Jammers/V-lites) within a (5) mile Radius of our Home!
Youroo!! Most (Down the Road Problems) with any Unit can be (Solved/Discussed) here on the Open Forum, going into (Little Corner Groups) is Not always a Good thing!
Old 07-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #36
"Just living the dream"

Congrats on the new purchase. We pick up our new windjammer next week. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:34 PM   #37
Retired

If my calculation is correct there are 13 WJ owners in this one thread. The variety of discussions are really informative. Maybe when we add a new topic to the FRF we should include WJ in the title as a quick reference to the WJ Club.

Hope y'all are "jamming" this weekend.

Happy Trails
MainelyUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #38

Our son has a 2014 Windjammer 3025W diamond package, and he loves it. He occasionally hits his head on the slide out over the recliner where he normally hangs out but maybe it's because he's 6'1". He and his girlfriend enjoy cooking so they really like the kitchen. The only problem they've had so far was that the water filter under the sink fractured and spewed out some water. Research that to decide if you want to replace it soon or just remove it.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #39

Welcome! We purchased a 3029w just about a year ago. We have thoroughly enjoyed it with just minor problems that we have either fixed ourselves or plan to have fixed at our first rally next week
Mathteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #40

Pick up our 2016 Windjammer 3029W in 2 weeks from RV Wholesalers. Fell in love with the floor plan and excited for our first trip. Been reading all the PDI advice and downloaded several checklists. As experienced Windjammer owners - if you have any additional insights/suggestion - would love to hear them. We plan on camping the night we pick it up to do a thorough run through with everything. Also great to hear about the positive experiences people have had.

Tags
windjammer