Old 08-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #41
NC-Canuk, good idea to do a shake down campout close to either the dealership or your home. We camped about 10 miles away the first two nights and used some of the checklists you can find here to set up camp and break down camp.

I would suggest you start out by checking your weights at the scales, Fill up the TV and go weigh it before you pick up the WJ; then on the day you pick it up go weigh it again so you can determine your starting point and how much you can actually add. Our "stuff" weighs more than you think! You will be able to determine your Gross Vehicle Weight and hitch weight to make sure you are in limits for your TV. I found the dealer had put too light of hitch on mine and had to get another, heavier, hitch. Another post recently said that Forest River is now putting Load D tires on the WJ; I would really make sure they are D's before accepting delivery. I replaced my C rated with Goodyear D's after one year as we were at the top of the weight rating with no room for error. Now we have some cushion.

We just returned in July from a 5,600 mile trip starting in Texas and running up the west and northwest, the WJ pulled like a dream and we had NO issues with it. I know you will enjoy it and they are great trailers.

D_B Travelers - 30 nights in 2016... so far. 54 nights in 2015. 2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3001W Diamond Pkg, 2015 GMC 3500HD CC DRW Duramax, Equalizer 14K hitch, TST 507rv TPMS.
"Happiness? A good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
George Burns (1896 1996)
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote