Old 06-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
New member with questions

Hi all,

My wife and I just upgraded to a 30 foot W&P toy hauler WLA model and i have a couple of questions:

1. My last trailer I hauled stuff with was a smallI 5x8 so with this one being so much larger and heavier, can I load the trailer w/o the trailer being attached to the truck?

2. Do I need to put a wheel chock down to hold a motorcycle in place and if so, how do i find a good/safe place to drill and mount the wheel chock?

Thanks and regards,

Easytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
If your WLA model does not have an E-Track system (or some other brand), I would recommend paying the $150ish bucks and installing one. It's quick, painless, and self-explanatory... and will save you hours of hassle (and potentially a dented tank). It has the added option of a wheel chock snap in that makes the space useable when not hauling a bike. Boltiton also has a nice product, just ensure you order the right length crossbar for your application.

I've used E-Track systems on my cargo trailers for years and have had nothing but success (no dented tanks on my 1958 Duo Glide).

As far as where to drill, I'd consult your service department for a set of plans on your RV that detail where your pipes / electric are located. Every RV is different so unless someone comes on with a schematic, not sure many folks will be able to give you definitive answers that won't potentially result in a leaky pipe.

Best of luck with the new ride.

2014 Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ
2005 F-350 King Ranch 4x4
2006 Yamaha AR230

"If I am unable to make the gods above relent, I shall move Hades." -Virgil (The Aeneid)
Okie Dokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
i suggest you ask your questions in the W&P sub-forum, in the Toyhauler section or in the Toyhauler General Discussion section.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote