Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #1
New Newb From Da UP

Just dropped a down payment on a Vengeance 25V with some apprehension. There a couple of review web sites out there and Forest River doesn't do real well.

689 FOREST RIVER complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

The 25V had the layout and features we wanted however, so we are going with it.

Need some reassurance and a list of things to check. Some of these things are not easily checked by and untrained eye like axle alignment but if there is a list some where on this site could you point me to it.

Anyway looking forward to getting information and contributing here. Hope to be a happy camper.

The Earl o Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
From the U.P. of MICHIGAN!!!

Forest River does take of their customers. My Wildcat had some side wall cracking and took it down to Elkhart to repair it. They picked it up from my home in Chassell, Mi., sent it to Elkhart, and brought it to Arizona all fixed. It got redesigned side walls, front cap repainted, new stove, new awning, and replaced a tire. It had some problems but they manned up and took care of it.

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

Chassell eh.

I'm down here by Kingsford/Iron Mountain. (Actually out in the suburbs of Spread Eagle just across the river, but still claim Yoopership. Don't tell anyone.)

I asked for a complete written warranty from Craig at Forest River but haven't seen it yet. We're supposed to go pick it up next Friday over near Duluth. There was one at Hilltop in Marquette but it was boogered up right from the factory. Front skin panel was buckled, big dents at the top corners at the front, screen doors didn't fit good, mosquito access. They said they could fix it but I didn't want something that had already been repaired.
The Earl o Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
I would just remind you, Forest River is actually a young company, only 20 years, but has sold 2 million plus vehicles. Even the lowest possible failure rate of any manufacturer is going to create thousands of negative reviews. If you look, you're likely to find far more positive reviews than negative. Not to say you won't experience difficulty. Pulling a TT is like a 5.0 earthquake hitting it every time you go on the road. Welcome and enjoy the experience. Check around for tips. I would've saved myself much heart ache had I known about this community when I bought my first RV years ago.
todd172 is offline   Reply With Quote