Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Renting is another way to figure out what type of RV would work for your family.

And tow vehicle.

Congrats on the little one. We have 3, a little older now but, we have always camped and will continue to do so.

Have fun looking for a new unit.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
V-Nose Newbie

Hi Steve! Welcome! Spend lots of time looking at floor plans and styles to find the perfect camper for you and the family! I know that you'll have many happy trips in the future!

Dave

Dave, Sue and Peanut the wonder dog
davidl1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #13

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone!

Yes floor plans are definitely an important decision and is where I am stuck for the moment . There is just sooo many lol. I have seen us being able to be in everything from an a-frame up to a 30' total length camper. Trying to narrow down what's most important is taxing to say the least. I would like something under 26' total length because for now we camp in the provincial parks and a lot of them that we frequent do not have very large sites, so getting in a 30'+ trailer plus a 20'+ tv could be problematic. Even a 26' might be pushing it now that I think about it. Anyways thanks for the tips and advice, really appreciate it
BC Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Boy

Yes floor plans are definitely an important decision and is where I am stuck for the moment . There is just sooo many lol. I have seen us being able to be in everything from an a-frame up to a 30' total length camper. Trying to narrow down what's most important is taxing to say the least. I would like something under 26' total length because for now we camp in the provincial parks and a lot of them that we frequent do not have very large sites, so getting in a 30'+ trailer plus a 20'+ tv could be problematic. Even a 26' might be pushing it now that I think about it. Anyways thanks for the tips and advice, really appreciate it
When we we're considering a smaller TT with bunks for our kids, FR makes a unit call Surveyor in a triple bunk model with one slide, just a thought.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #15

Welcome BC Boy! We camp in your area for about 6 to 7 weeks a year. The camping on the south island has become very expensive. You folks have some of the finest free camping on Vancouver Island in your backyard. Check it out as I am finding the Provincial Campsites are becoming very expensive.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Boy View Post

Might try visiting the A-Frame forum here for feedback especially for consideration for a family of 5. While I almost brought an A-Liner (different company) I don't really know much about the A-frame units.

Here's the link.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote