Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinandLen View Post
Yay, we picked up our new RVs at the same time. We have ours in our driveway, but have to store it until our first trip. HOA is after us already. Ugh. I will never live in an HOA community again! Really miss our acre of land we used to have in Utah.

Happy camping to you!
Mine is in storage already but it's only 2 miles from my house, so super easy to get to. Just getting the cats comfortable in it before our first trip. Hoping to take a short day trip this weekend and an overnight the following weekend Happy camping!!
alexisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Sounds like you are already doing a little driveway camping so what are you unsure about? As you use everything you will become more comfortable. It wasn't until my 3rd trip that I finally was able to relax and just enjoy the trailer.

PS
Looks like other members have headed you in the right direction about your sanitizing question.

Did you have a detailed PDI/walk-through before taking delivery? If they hooked up the water I wouldn't think there would be antifreeze in the lines but you should verify anyway.
Yes I had a PDI but all very confusing. I recorded it though, so I'm slowly going back through and using the info to make checklists for myself

I contacted my dealer and they flushed water through the lines before they installed my water filter... but didn't sanitize. My parents never sanitized their tank and we've been drinking out of that for years with only a brita filter between the tank and our tummies. Still alive
Old 04-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #23

Welcome.

Be sure to visit Texas sometime

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
Welcome.

Be sure to visit Texas sometime

Tuckerdog1
Texas is a long way from here but ya never know
Old 04-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisc View Post
Yes I had a PDI but all very confusing. I recorded it though, so I'm slowly going back through and using the info to make checklists for myself

I contacted my dealer and they flushed water through the lines before they installed my water filter... but didn't sanitize. My parents never sanitized their tank and we've been drinking out of that for years with only a brita filter between the tank and our tummies. Still alive
I had a great, long detailed PDI and I came home overwhelmed. It will get better as you tackle one thing at a time. A little bit of driveway camping can help refresh your memory - I wished I thought to do so. Between your notes and everyone here you are in good hands. Have questions? Ask!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california