Old 06-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
New owner of a 2109s

We just picked up our 2015 2109s yesterday. We sold our PUP and decided to switch to a TT. The 2109s looked like the best fit for us and our TV. We have been lurkers in the forums seeing what others have had to say about this model and Forest River in general. Thank you all who have posted their experiences, they helped us make the decision on the 2109s. We are anxious to take it on vacation later this summer!

iamanomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
Site Team
Congrats on your new TT! And glad to have you jump from lurkers to members now. So where are you heading for your first trip?

Sounds like you took in a lot of information in searching for the right TT for your TV. What was it about the 2109s that sold you? Was it the floor plan?

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
Our first vacation in the new TT will be in Ludington, MI. We hope to do a dry run weekend somewhere closer to make sure we aren't forgetting something.

The 2109s was chosen primarily because:

Our TV (Toyota 4Runner) has a short wheelbase and we had to stick with something close to 20'. Other limitations were the 7K towing limit and the 710 tongue weight limit. We really didn't want to have to buy a new trailer and replace the TV together, especially since the DW would want me to get rid of the 4Runner then and that isn't going to happen as I love that car!

We wanted to keep the length to no more than 25' to give us as many options as possible in site selection.

We wanted a sofa, but not a Murphy bed setup, there are only the two of us and the storage and counter space of the 2109s seemed adequate.

Lastly, I hate towing. I hate squeezing into crowded gas stations, I hate backing up into sites and the longer the unit the more issues I would have to deal with. The 2109s is a good compromise in length, I was able to squeeze into my urban driveway for loading/cleaning. I marvel at those that are able to tow the 30+ foot monsters from A to B and when I watch them park the units at the CC, I am usually thinking, I'm glad I'm not trying to park that! We also love to camp in VA, and we wanted to keep the length reasonable for those mountain road switchbacks.

Thanks for the welcome!

Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Welcome form Wisconsin and congrats on your new TT.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your2109S. We're into our third year on ours and really love this unit!

Do recommend a memory foam topper for the bed.

Hope you have many safe, happy travels!
Karen Elling
2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
Nomad, welcome to the site and congratulations on your new 2109S. We really enjoy ours. You will get used to the gas stations (sort of). I agree with Nana Karen about the mattress topper. One of the first "mods" I did was to add this to the mattress:
Perfect Harmony Mattress Topper - Short Queen - Carpenter 31374538639 - Bed Pads & Mattresses - Camping World
I also would get a Fantastic Vent cover for the bathroom so you can leave the vent open in all weather. If you have the Fantastic vent, this is the easiest to install.
Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze Vent Cover - White - Fan-Tastic Vent UB1500WH - Vents - Camping World
Many owners of all models have installed an Oxygenics shower for better water conservation.
Body Spa RV Shower Kit - White - Oxygenics 26781 - Shower - Camping World

Now all the fun begins of adding "mods" to your TT and making it your own. If you have questions, this forum and You Tube are the best places to go for answers.

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7
Equal-i-zer WDH
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We already have the topper and the vent (I said We've been lurking!). The biggest challenge will be to not overpack. Ha ha!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
Incheon, S. Korea
Congrats on your new trailer!
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
Congrats on your new Rockwood. We have owned our 2109s for just 4 weeks. Have just returned from a week in Lancaster PA and are now hearing up for 2weeks on Northern Michigan. We love this trailer, It is perfect for the two of us. We did the mattress topper thing ans sleep very well on the Queen bed. Can't think of anything that I would change on it. I love the rv lifestyle and having a completely self contained trailer only enhances the experience..see you on the road sometime.

chaslorr is offline   Reply With Quote

210, 2109s