Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Wildlife

New owner!Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S

I any of my new friends can offer any reviews or share their knowledge about the Rockwood mini Lite this will be very appreciated by me and my wife.We are newbies and need all the help we can get ! thanks Frankie
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
Site Team

to the forums and congrats on your new Rockwood Mini Lite!

PS
Here's the link for the Rockwood forum. You should be able to read previous threads as well as starting your own.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

Congratulation on a fine TT. I just realized that your Rockwood is the same as our Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 FBRS. Here is some mods that I did to mine. I think that we have purchased a very good sized unit.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-37925.html
Guapotims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #4

We have had our TT one whole year & love it. We don't use the folding table at all & plan on switching out 3 or 4 light bulbs to LEDs. You should take it out for a quick trip near home just to see what else you need & also find where you packed things. If you use the shower, you do need to have it level so the water does not run out onto the floor.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #5

Congrats on your new Rockwood and welcome to the forum.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #6

Welcome! We also have a Rockwood Mini Lite. Love it.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Wildlife

thanks to all of you for your help, I already feel like part of the family, frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #8

We are owners of a 2013, Mini Lite. If you have questions, please ask. We love ours. Not a moments problems - except for the tires! Replaced all four within three months of purchase.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
We are owners of a 2013, Mini Lite. If you have questions, please ask. We love ours. Not a moments problems - except for the tires! Replaced all four within three months of purchase.
Unbeknownst to me (I don't pay attention to boy things like tires), my hubby upgraded our tires when we ordered....

EVERYONE comments on them. LOL.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #10

Welcome and camp on
Fivenikkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

My DW and I ditched the heavy sagging table that came with our TT and got a Cosco. It is longer, but narrower, much,much lighter, and hides better behind the couch. It is short enough to let you open the window behind the couch without having to set up or remove the table first. Ours is 20" X 48". It is beige/sand colored. Here is a website and pictures of it behind the couch and set up. We also put it in the window to stop Bella (our Toy Rat Terrorist) from scratching the screen out when we leave camp for a while. (legs over the couch)

http://www.sears.com/cosco-vinyl-top...SPM5787414801P

Cosco Products | Folding Tables

Pic's: http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/members/36195-albums1244.html
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum and a great group of people!

We too have a 2109S - have had it for a little over a year and really enjoy it.

We added 24 inch long sheers at each window except in the kitchen. Bought them at JCPenney. The sheers come in 2 panels per pkg. Used 4 panels for the window at the head of the bed, 1 panel for the 2 smallest windows, and 3 panels behind the sofa. For curtain rods, we used the lightest weight, smallest diameter ones from Wally World for about $2-$3 each in the appropriate lengths. These will sit on top of the curtain rods that came with the TT.

For the one at the head of the bed, we used two hose ring guides (look at your shower hose ring) that we purchased from a local RV dealer (United RV in Fort Worth, TX) for $1 each, using one on each side of the window near the bottom. (On line, the hose guide rings were $2.75 - $3.75 each depending on the vendor.) This required taking the curtains down and creating (sewing) a channel for the curtain rod to slide through on both the sheer panels and the TT curtains. There are 2 rods at the bottom - one for the sheers and one for the TT curtains. The rods sit in the hose guide rings and this keeps the curtains from hanging over our faces. Will try to upload photos tomorrow to better explain this.

A dear friend also made us a board that sits over the stove top cover (closed) for extra counter space. The board has legs the length from counter front toward window that are on piano (long) hinges and fold under when not in use or for removing/storage when travelling down the road.

The other "mod" was adding a 2-1/2 inch memory foam mattress topper. Now we have great nights' sleep instead of good nights' sleep!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours! Happy Travels!
Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

+ 1 on the Memory foam. We bought our 2 1/2 inch Gel Infused Memory Foam at Sam's Club for $99.98. We also bought a 2-pack of memory foam gel infused pillows for $9.98. What a deal!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #14

Frankie, congratulations on your new 2109 and welcome to the forum. We also have a 2109S and have been very happy with it. This will be my second season an I am anxious to get camping but we had 10" of new snow today so it will be awhile yet.
I look at it that the TT you purchase as just the basic unit. Part of the fun is fixing it up the way you want it to be (the mods). The first thing you will want will be a mattress pad. I added one and the bed is now very comfortable. Second, you will want a Fantastic Vent Cover over the bathroom vent so you can leave the vent open even if it is raining.
Come back to this forum often. This is where I learned most of what you need to know.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #15

Photos of 2109S Mods

Here are a few photos of what we've done and used for the window curtains, and in the shower. Hope you find these ideas useful!

#301 is of the hose ring guide, packaged.
#302 is the lower corner of the bed curtain with the ring and 2 curtain rods (one brass colored, one below it-white [hard to see])

#305 is the bottom of both curtains and the 2 rods. The white 'string' is a plastic tie and serves as a divider to help place the middle of the sheers with the middle of the window. (Don't ask - I used to work for architects and interior designers.)

#313 is stick on disks in the shower
#314 is one of 2 'baskets' with suction cups that are used to hold shampoo, body wash, etc. in the shower since the areas for same built into the shower 'wall' don't hold much.

For other mods, we also added 2 Maxx Air fan covers - one over the Fantastic Fan in the bathroom and one over the vent in the bed area. We added a D ring handle outside at the door to help both of us in and out. And we added two stick on hooks near the top of the plastic shower wall (same side as back of sink) to hang coats/shirts, etc., on to drip into the shower pan in case of being caught in heavy rains.

For the curtains (idea of fabric/design in #305), the rods are the small ones that are a couple of bucks each at WallyWorld. The rods and sheers sit behind the provided curtains with the rods pulled across to fit and on top of the provided rods. The hose ring guides for the bed curtain, one on each side bottom of window on frame, are adhered with Command adhesive strips. They've been up a year and haven't come loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00301.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	28435   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00302.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	28436   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00305.JPG
Views:	167