Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #1

Smile New owner-Wildwood XLite 241QB TT

Howdy Folks...joining in the fun! From Houston, Texas

Let me tell you a little about myself and my hubby. Tent camper since, 1983 BC (Before Children). Once Children came along..also, took them tent camping.

Then bought a used popup...loved using it for 3 years, but got too busy and sold it. Children got older and joined Scouting, then whole family became very involved in both Girl Scout and Boy Scout. Back to tent camping and backpacking with the Scouts. There was months that we camped 3 weekends out of the month...being in Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venture Crew. Can you tell we love camping and supporting the scouting program.

Well Scouting has been very good to our family. Proud parents of Girl Scout Bronze and Silver award, Ranger Award, and Eagle with all 3 Palms!!!! Pretty sure those helped them get into college.

Now proud parents of 2 Fighting Texas Aggies!!! Son is a Super Sr. which means he is in his 5th year and will graduate next May with a Marine transportation license option. His always joking tells me, "Come on Mom..."C" is for Captain!"

And our Daughter is a Jr. and wants to become a physician's assistant...so more schooling for her ahead.

Even though our kids have been out of scouting for the past 4-5 years...we remained very active still in our BSA Troop. After 12 years of scouting we decided it is now time to retire from scouting and GUESS what? Trailer Camping we will go! Our family also big time Disney Fans and plan on making many trips to Disney Fort Wilderness in our TT. Plus, lots of weekend camping in between with our Boston Terrier Molly and black Pug, Crush! (Yes, Crush...after the Disney's Crush the Turtle...my kids' idea).

Hope my history did not put you to sleep. Thank you for taking your time to read about me, myself and my Best half.

Disstick aka Ellen and David
Disstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

Howdy, and Welcome. You may get spoiled and never go back to tents!
David and Karen
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum !
Congrats on the new unit !

Come often and stay long. Chime in when you can or if you have a question.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
CampingQueen

Welcome from another scouting Mom! Got a 1st & 2nd class Boy scouts and my daughter is in Crew and loves it. Congrats on your kids' achievements! Hope I can say the same sort of brags about my bunch in a few years...
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #5

Already Spoiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthefunofit View Post
Howdy, and Welcome. You may get spoiled and never go back to tents!
David and Karen
You are so right... already thinking how do I get rid of all those tents!!! Kids are already stating... NO we want all those tent camping gear!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #6

Yeah... another Scouter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlee453 View Post
Welcome from another scouting Mom! Got a 1st & 2nd class Boy scouts and my daughter is in Crew and loves it. Congrats on your kids' achievements! Hope I can say the same sort of brags about my bunch in a few years...
Glad to hear that others are also involved with Scouting. Enjoy those years with your kids...they fly by so quickly! Mine are at the point... very happy to have them home and just as happy for them to go back to school. LOL!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

Welcome from slightly to the north, Minnesota. I spent most of my adult life backpacking. But with age comes the desire for more creature comforts. DW tells me she won't sleep on the ground any longer. I can't blame her. Enjoying all the comfort of our TT. You will have access to many answers to your questions on the forum. Happy you signed up.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote