Old 05-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

new owner with same old questions sort of

Hello all. My Wife and I just purchased a 2011 rockwood 2604 from a local dealer. Is there anything particular to that model that I should be concerned about before taking delivery? I have not been in the travel trailer market for about 20 years And wow have things changed! I am confident in the structure of this unit and have found no faults other than a broken cd/DVD cover on the concert tone unit. Just wondering if any of the owners of this or similar units have any issues I should immediately look for before delivery and travel. Former 36 foot fifth wheel owner (20 years ago ) so not completely a newbie but my how things have changed. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #2

One question to add to the mix. Should I use a weight distribution hitch when towing with a 2012 F 250 powerstroke or just a ball and drop reciever of appropriate height?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #3

Weight Distribution hitch.

Hi

For what its worth from one NewB to another. If you are going to tow a lot that distribution hitch is a better way to go. With electric trailer brakes this isn't as much of an issue as it was when I was younger but it should give you more stability in a heavy breaking event and help keep you from oscillating and losing control of the vehicle. If you are towing short distances and not that often then or you are looking for the small increase in speed of hookup then I wouldn't bother.

But if I was towing a heavy "bumper pull", I wouldn't leave home without it. A few years back I borrowed a friends 30+ foot bumper pull flat bed trailer without one for a short haul. The brake application wasn't the best and we definitely felt more push that I would have liked to deal with for anything more that the day that we drove it. But hey it sure was a blessing to have access to at the time - fancy gewgaws or not.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely, Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattandwendy View Post
One question to add to the mix. Should I use a weight distribution hitch when towing with a 2012 F 250 powerstroke or just a ball and drop reciever of appropriate height?