Old 08-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
New Passport 3290BH owner in Michigan

Hello members- Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks for all the tips on purchasing a new TT and what to look for. I picked ours up on Thursday and camped all weekend and we had a blast. Our shakedown trip was only 15 miles but was a enough to practice parking, turning, and testing the furnace, ac, hot water, plumbing, slides, wds unhitching, etc. Everything worked as advertised so I was impressed. Weather was high 80's and AC did not shut off much from 11am-7pm. Ignore the messy pictures.

Travel Trailer: 2015 Keystone Passport 3290bh ~6300lbs dry
Tow Vehicle: 2014 Tundra 4x4 no airbags. Pulled strong and straight
WDS and Sway: Blue Ox (so quiet and compared to equalizer)

Main tips I applied:
1. Underbelly inspection. I applied gorilla tape to underbelly edging to prevent water penetration. I also used spray foam to seal some open gaps from the factory. Outside shower box needs to be spray foamed from inside.
2. Purchased 2 additional scissor jacks from harbor freight and installed in front of the axles to help stabilize What a difference this made.
3. Open all access panels and cabinets and checked water fittings. My sink plumbing was snugged up a little better.
4. Tightened lugs nuts with Torque wrench
5. Checked all exterior and interior screws and snugged up. Found a few loose.
6. Purchased extra fuses to have on hand
7. Added a 90 degree water inlet to relieve pressure on city water connection
8. Added brass pressure regulator to inlet line and hose splitter.
9. Need to order insect screens for furnace, fridge, and hot water heater
10. Need to apply UV wax to shower skylight and vent covers to prevent discoloration
11. Need to order Maxair vent covers for rain protections
12. Need to order a marine battery shutoff switch
13. Need to order shocks for front bed instead of using a 2*4 to hold up mattress while accessing storage.
14. Installed bubble levels and used circle level on hitch for quick level view before final parking

1. Fit and finish was excellent considering some all the issues I read. The only issue we seen was 2 chipped wood areas that had touch up applied and 1 of the cub couch seem was separating. Hopefully warranty will fix the furniture issue.

teamtlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Site Team
Hi there! I'm glad that your shakedown trip was successful. Many of us will recommend considering a local campground when starting out. I took my maiden voyage trip just 8 miles from home and now it's one of my favorite places for a quick get-away.

Happy camping!

Your pictures are not displaying.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote