Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
New r-pod 182 G owner in San Francisco

Hello Everyone,

We're a family of three and just bought our first trailer. It took us quite a while to decide for a trailer for a number of reasons but the r-pod is so cute we're about to love it. Our truck is a Tundra from 2007. Both together look really good. We hope to do a very long trip with Franzi and Bommel.

In the moment we're sticking to weekend trips to figure everything out. Things like: How long can we dry camp? And where? How can the radio be turned off completely so that the blue light doesn't shine on us in the night? How much bbq meat do we have to buy for one weekend trip

I hope to learn a lot of useful things from the folks in this forum so that I don't have to figure everything out on my own. But I'm also sharing my experiences in the hope to help others. Here is a first blog post about our research adventure to find the right travel vehicle: Finally a new travel mobile r-pod 182 G
I'm sure there will be quite a number of blog posts coming about traveling with the r-pod.

Hopefully we'll meet some of you guys in real life too.

Have a fabulous night / day (depending on when you read this).

"Franzi" Toyota Tundra 4x4 2007
"Bommel" r-pod 182 G

Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of r-pod and forest river forums.

Which one should I use, I don't know. Found:
Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community
r-pod Nation Forum

What are the reasons to use one or the other?

"Franzi" Toyota Tundra 4x4 2007
"Bommel" r-pod 182 G

Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 AM   #3
The R-Pod looks like a great first trailer! You will have a load of fun with it.

Dry camping depends on ... water; the more you have the longer you can dry camp. There are many great dry camp sites in CA (and elsewhere).

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote