Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

New rockwood owner

Well i may be the owner of a new Rockwood mini lite 2104s. The deal is done the only thing left is to sign the loan papers and take delivery of the rv. Im still on the ropes about the whole thing. I guess im having pre buyers remorse. We have been looking at rv for a year now and have taken our time to choose the one we both liked.
Just not sure about investing that much money into something that may not get used but 20 days of the year maybe less maybe more.
In prep for the rv i purchased a new 2013 ram 1500 with 5.7, 3.9 axle, intergrated trailer brake, tow package and other little add ons.
This is the rv we are getting. we got a far better price than whats listed on thier site
New 2014 Forest River RV Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S Travel Trailers at Topper's Camping Center Waller Texas Topper's Camping Center

any word of wisdom or encouragement?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #2

Hi Prothos,

I am also new to the forum. If this is your first rig, then as I tell anyone-only do it if you never want to sleep in the dirt again. You'll never go back to tent camping.

Onavfr800
2013 Flagstaff 8526TBWS
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
onavfr800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

We dont tent camp. Wifes idela of camping is visiting my parents rv that is year round parked on the lake. has satalite tv, and an 20x20 deck on front or a hotel. This will be the first rv we have owned but not new to rv'ing. parent also have a smaller tow behind 24' we would borrow for beach trips. We made a camping trip in May to go tubing and wife enjoyed herself and decided we need one of our own since friends have recenlty bought one
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #4

I'm sure you'll love it...enjoy.

Onavfr800
2013 Flagstaff 8526TBWS
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
onavfr800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum Prothos and congrats on your new Rockwood mini lite 2104S. I looked at your link and it looks like a nice rig. Enjoy!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #6

Had our 2104S for about 4 mos and really enjoy it. Also bought ours from Toppers. Got a good price and a bunch of options that we probably would have not ordered but are glad that they came with the tt. Make sure that you get a complete PDI take your time and ask questions. We did a video. It's the best chance that you will have to have things demo'd to you. Have fun, we are. This forum is a great place to get awnsers.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #7

Well, it is a bit addicting If it's just the two of you, it looks darn close to perfect to me The beauty of a smaller camper is that you go just about anywhere; easy to drive and park. The only issue I see is similar to mine and that is there's no counter space, just the table. This may not be an issue for you at all ~~~ I think you'll love it. The kicker with a camper is that you sorta have to get one to learn what you really like / need or not....

Good luck and have fun ~ the most important thing is to use it
Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
We dont tent camp. Wifes idela of camping is visiting my parents rv that is year round parked on the lake. has satalite tv, and an 20x20 deck on front or a hotel. This will be the first rv we have owned but not new to rv'ing. parent also have a smaller tow behind 24' we would borrow for beach trips. We made a camping trip in May to go tubing and wife enjoyed herself and decided we need one of our own since friends have recenlty bought one
Hmm, I wonder who that could be

Now hurry up and get it so we can go camping!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Site Team

Good price. Great floor plan for a 3700 lb tt. There are several reasons to justify buying a tt. You have to find the one or two that fit you. Not everyone travels all the time. We have other reasons for buying them. Some reasons are ....sleeping in MY bed with my pillow, using My toilet (especially while stopping for gas), having a frig full of food following me, the ability to stop anywhere for a rest, a spare bedroom when parked at the house, a heated and cooled (with generator) place to wait when power is out at the house, the wide variety of places you can wake up in a camper. From downtown new orleans to mountain top colorado. Just eat one homemade turkey sandwich in your tt with the view from a rocky mountain overlook and then tell us why you have one. :-) nothing like the freedom and opportunities of traveling in an rv. Best of luck to you. You have plenty - PLENTY of truck for your tt.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
Well, it is a bit addicting If it's just the two of you, it looks darn close to perfect to me The beauty of a smaller camper is that you go just about anywhere; easy to drive and park. The only issue I see is similar to mine and that is there's no counter space, just the table. This may not be an issue for you at all ~~~ I think you'll love it. The kicker with a camper is that you sorta have to get one to learn what you really like / need or not....

Good luck and have fun ~ the most important thing is to use it
X2. Lack of countertop space was an issue for my wife in our first one. But, we found ways to adapt and work around it. And, your dining table can be pulled over to the stove for temp counter space. Neat thing about rvs. When you feel you lack something, just think back to your last tent camp out. This floor plan looks neat and handy for a couple. I think you'll enjoy it.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote