Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Uncle AL

New RV 378 Gerogetown XL

Good Day:

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a new Georgetown 378 XL in Illinois. We are new to RV'ing and would like to receive comments from Georgetown Owners on how they like their RV's? Any Issues with the RV, anything you would do differently, things that you found were great or any things to watch out for or avoid. We have done some extensive research but would like to hear from some folks that have purchased a Georgetown.

Thanks in advance for any comments you would like to share.

Uncle AL
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome uncle al !
You'll get lots of info from the Georgetown guys !

Come often and stay late and chime in when you can !
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm not able to answer your question but wanted to you to the forums!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #4

Welcome uncle Al!! We have a 2005 Georgetown 375 Xl and think it's great. Just got back from the Yukon and Alaska. We drove over 16000 km (10500 miles) and only had the voltage regulator in the generator crap out. Pretty good considering the "top of the world Hwy" and the Dempster hwy to the arctic circle.

We are snowbirds and will be heading to Florida to camp all winter. Gosh why do I bother coming home?

Good luck and happy camping
oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #5

Hey is this my RICH uncle AL ? I didn't think so. Hey AL we got one of them
Georgetown XL 378 and here's what I found out since I owned mine.
There needs to be a light swicth in the toilet area, the little wife and kids can't reach the
switch on the light in the ceiling, so I put a light swicth on the wall so they can.
Same thing with the vents, wife can't reach them neither, so I put the knobs with the down rings on them so she can open them when she wants. I also put in automatic sunvisor shades, your's probably came with them. All in all for the money it's not a bad coach.
Can't say I like laying on my back to by pass the water heater, they really went thifty where they could. oh fiddle sticks! they were cheap as hell where they could be.
Welcome and Good Luck with your's.
Joe Dickson.....NJ
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #6

Exclamation 378 issues... Lots

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE
Purchase star 378 TFSL in August
I would ask what year your coach was built even though ours was a 12 we found out it was built in 11
We have had lots of issues the dealership has had it in for repairs for more than a month of our times since August

Replace the fabric curtains in the living room and the bedroom back window into side windows with they nightshades and the lances this was a big improvement In helping to keep the coach cool
Sofa sleeper with air mattress would never stay inflated more than two hours replace that furniture with furniture from a real furniture store much more comfortable with power recliners
We took coach with a list of 40 items for repair to the dealer after our first week
out. Right now big issue is steps we had the steps repaired came home got out of the coach the steps broke they did crappy job on the repair now were hoping for entire new steps but everything has to be ordered and it takes a week so now camping days or drawing short in our country and so we r not happy that the coach is not repaired
We were told you could not put a lower light switch in the bathroom if you get this done let me know please
If you would like to talk call 464-9922 and we will share our experiences but they are getting better and overall we like the coach
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote