Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #1

New RV'r here

Hello to all reading this,
My wife and I are heading to our local Forest river dealer tomorrow to hopefully purchase our very first RV, A Class C. Being a disabled vet travel is difficult and feel that RVing is the best way for me to be able to travel. We just finished a 3 week New England trip by car and Hotel and was a little disappointed. We are excited and nervous, about cost and setting up for the first time. neither of us have jobs to tie us down so am looking forward to freedom of just picking up and going. Look Forward to learning on this site, meeting new people and having a good time.
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #2

Welcome and thanks for your service! Lots of people out there willing to help you with your first time camping. I'm sure if you camp near someone on this forum we/they would help. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

Thanks for your service. You will love RVing.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #4

Thanks for your service from another Vet! You will enjoy this site and the very helpful people on it.
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to ask for help from your fellow campers if something is in question while settimg up for the first time, most campers are happy to help.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth B Towed View Post
Welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to ask for help from your fellow campers if something is in question while settimg up for the first time, most campers are happy to help.
Agree. Most campers are probably more than willing to help strangers like backing into a site at night, help set up, etc. Thanks for your service to our country.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #7

Thank You All

Thank you all for your gratitude. I am really hoping the dealer has what we want tomoorow so we can b ring it home ASAP. Weather in sw Pa. is going to be beautiful for the next week and would love to go out for a 3-4 day shAKe down cruise
Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #8

Make Idaho your first stop, I will help you with your first setup. The Snake River runs through the bottom of our property...Thanks you for your service as you can see the help is out there...
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #9

Thanks for your service. My husband is also disabled and We have had nothing but good encounters at all the rv spots we have stayed at. When you do stay be sure to ask if they have disabled spots usally these are closer to the amenities and sometimes they are discounted. Happy rving
jasjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Thank you and your wife for your service to our country. If you get down to the Kissimmee, FL area between 01 Dec to 15 Mar, I will be more than willing to help you in anyway possible.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #11

Welcome from mid California, Enjoy
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #12

Welcome to FRF from Idaho.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #13

Thank you for your service to our country and welcome from Arkansas.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
Anacortesians

Welcome form NW Washington. Although DW and I are still Brits after 46 years here (for reasons too complicated to explain), we appreciate your military service to this, our adopted country.

Our son (a US citizen by birth) served in the US Navy for 6 years active and 4 years reserve, after going in as a volunteer straight from High School.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #15

Idaho is definitely on the agenda
Old 09-27-2013, 03:21 AM   #16

F and E Damp thank your son for his service, especialy being Navy. Well I'm like a kid on Christmas, It's 4am here and I can't get back to sleep, so excited to get to dealer and pick out an rv. Hope to see you all on the road
Old 09-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Hello to all reading this,
My wife and I are heading to our local Forest river dealer tomorrow to hopefully purchase our very first RV, A Class C. Being a disabled vet travel is difficult and feel that RVing is the best way for me to be able to travel. We just finished a 3 week New England trip by car and Hotel and was a little disappointed. We are excited and nervous, about cost and setting up for the first time. neither of us have jobs to tie us down so am looking forward to freedom of just picking up and going. Look Forward to learning on this site, meeting new people and having a good time.
Hope you get what you want, we love the class c, had one for ten years and just purchased a new Sunseeker 3050 in Aug. Happy camping and thank-you for your service.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #18

YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!GOT MY RV HIP HIP HOORAH. Well the suspense for me is over my wife and I are now the proud owners of a 2014 Forester 3051S. We looked at the 2501TSC Forester first. We saw it at the Hershey show a couple weeks ago and liked it. But in a thread somewhere i read someone write, " when buying an RV buy your second RV first". When we left the 25' and got in the 30' we knew what the writer meant, being disabled the extra room was nice, and we realized we needed the bigger unit. We bought it from CLEMS RV CENTER in Ellwood city Pa. , ( about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh) , And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Clems to everyone. They are very friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help.I had some blemishes in credit more than 7 years ago and made the credit app a little difficult, Instead of them saying " forget about him we will sell that rv to someone else soon" they busted their butts and got me the terms I wanted with a great rate and low down payment. So that is why i recommend them, if you are nice to them they will do anything they can to get you in the rv you want.. Enough of that...... Pick up RV on Wed. and wife and aI going out Fri. on a shake down cruise to a campground close by. Well have agreat day to all reading this and hope to meet you guys out on the road
Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #19

So exciting and welcome to the forum. One poster said to ask about disabled sites, they are right. And I have found other campers to be very helpful as well. All ya gotta do is ask. Our first time out ever with our popup was exciting and nervewracking. It is a high wall and is very tall for a popup and I was concerned about back in sites. So when we pulled up, I rolled down the window and told the people in the site next to us not to laugh, it was our first time. Well, they hopped right up and helped us back into the site. Made for a good experience and a great start. Hope to see ya around as we frequently camp all around a bit south of you.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #20

There are some great state and a few federal campsites with disabled campsites that are really nice. Some have full hookups and all the ones I've seen are pretty level so look for them. If you head west check out the Valley of Fire, great state campground and half the sites have power and water and the disabled sites are flat out awesome.
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote