Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #1

New Sabre 33RETS

We just purchased a new Sabre 5th Wheel. We received it Dec. 1 and left for Florida on Dec. 27. Having issues with a water leak. The "underbelly" is always loaded with water, husband finally drilled a hole thru it so the water can leak out. We have a warranty but don't want to "break camp" to drive to a dealer to leave it there. Where would we live? Would they pay for a hotel? Any suggestions?
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Always Learning

I'd contact local RV dealers in the area that are FR Authorized for warranty work and have mobile RV techs. You'll have to pay for the service call/site visit, but they can come to your camp site to do the work. Just work with the Sabre warranty manager to get authorizations and whatnot.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Did your Sabre come with a year of Coach Net coverage? If so, try contacting them to see what they can do to help.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #4

Welcome to the Sabre family and congrats on your 33RETS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the sabre family. Do not sit on this as water damage can be deadly to an RV. If they perceive you ignored it there could be some warranty claim denials. Contact a localhost river rv dealership and see if they can work with you. You can also try contacting Gary Grigsby who us the sabre warranty manager. If you haven't already done so, I would look into purchasing the 2nd yr factory warranty through forest river. It is $150. It was supposed to be purchased in the first 10 days of ownership but there have been others who had it approved farther out than you are. Here is the info for the second year warranty.
Here is Gary's contact info
ggrigsby@forestriverinc.com
Phone: (574) 642-3079
It sometimes takes him a few days to get back to you but he is very helpful as long as you stay nice and try to work with him too.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from Ontario, sorry to hear about the water issue, hopefully something small that can be quickly taken care of. Good thing you found it early.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #7

We have contacted Gary Grigsby and Jack Peoples as well as our Maintenance Manager at our local Dealer where we bought it. They really weren't much help. The water just keeps continuely drip out of the hole that my husband drilled - not all the time - just here and there. He doesn't want to break camp and drive it anywhere. The "camp guys" told us that PALM BEACH RV or FLORIDA OUTDOORS are FR dealers. So that's about it.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre