Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #1

New Sabre Owner in Texas

Good Evening Everyone!

After going through pure h*ll the past couple of months with our old (18 months "old") travel trailer stolen and subsequently torched, having a less than stellar experience with our insurance company, and generally feeling sorry for ourselves, my hubby and I put a down payment last weekend on a Sabre 32FBDS fifth wheel.

We are incredibly excited and can't wait to be back on the road again. We were avid campers - used our TT at least one, if not two weekends per month year 'round. We missed out on our favorite camping months - but May 8th will be here before we know it!

ES4Me
Victoria, TX
ES4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your old trailer. One of my co-workers had his stolen right out of the driveway while they were asleep in the house. The trailer was barely 4 months old. As for the new purchase I'm sure you'll love this one as much or more. to FRF. Like you said May 8th is just around the corner. Soon you'll be out there enjoying the new Sabre. Best wishes for a safe camping season.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #3

Thanks cfsoistman.

I am a bit overwhelmed right now because the last time, we brought it home and then stocked it. This time, we are driving up and spending the weekend in it before making the 7 hour drive home. I am going to have to purchase and pack just about EVERYTHING before the trip!

It will be worth it though.....

ES4Me
Victoria, TX
Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #4

Remember they have stores in that area also. Make your self a nice list and have fun with the stocking the things you need for that weekend and then load at your leisure. Good luck with your new trailer and Happy camping.
fourwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES4Me View Post
Thanks cfsoistman.

I am a bit overwhelmed right now because the last time, we brought it home and then stocked it. This time, we are driving up and spending the weekend in it before making the 7 hour drive home. I am going to have to purchase and pack just about EVERYTHING before the trip!

It will be worth it though.....

ES4Me
Victoria, TX
Well you have some time to make up your list for the new Sabre. Most you can probably get at WalMart. Like you said it will be worth it. It might be starting over but think of it as a new beginning in a new RV. Enjoy it and be safe.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #6

Welcome to another Texan!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #7

Welcome from another Texas Sabre owner, 31RLDS! Where are you picking the unit up from (7 hours away!)? We are in Austin and keep our unit in an RV Park here in town. So we use it weekly and on weekend get aways! Enjoy your new rig!
sasnupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #8

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

We are picking our new home away from home up in Cleburne, but will be weekending in Denton. It will be a 7 hour drive home due to that wonderful I-35 traffic! Eeesshhh.....but at least the construction isn't what it was a couple of years ago.

I used to organize get togethers - mini-rallys so to speak - here in Texas for those owners on the forum for the manufacturer of our previous TT. Is there a Sabre or Forest River owners group that does this here in Texas?

ES4Me
Victoria, TX