Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

New Shasta Revere 30 CKBH

Hello All!
I am new to this forum and a proud new travel trailer owner. We purchased at the RV supershow in Tampa, Fl. We absolutely love our outside kitchen! Recently our Touch Audio VD-400i malfunctioned. The "C" speaker channel comes in and out all by itself. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any other Shasta Revere owners in Forest River land?
Thank you!
RichieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Team

never heard of FR owning a Shasta line. Shasta was its own company. there's no listing of any Shasta trailers on FR's website.
unless FR bought the Shasta name and is now using it.

just found this article and yes, FR did buy the name:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/08/fo...a-rv-division/

so, you must be one of the first owners and the first one i've seen on the forum.
haven't seen anything about Shasta being a FR product, til you posted.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #3

Forest River : RV, Cargo Trailers, Boats, Commercial, Housing

@ bottom between prime time and viking...

Rich, Steph, Ava, & Micah
2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
2011 Shasta Revere 30 CKBH
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Site Team

ahh, i never saw that.
those are the new companies that FR has started or taken over and not absorbed into the FR line.
they bought Palomino about 3 years ago.
they bought Coachmen about a year or two ago. i didn't know that they got Viking along with Coachmen.

i had a Viking popup and would never buy one again. the cheapest piece of junk i've ever seen.
we got it from the DW's brother and it was a mistake from the get-go.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the camper!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #6

Seems all the audio options for campers suck big time. Not sure if it's the camper makers demanding $12 units or what. I'd think the market would be big enough that Sony or Panasonic would be willing to make a good unit.

My B speaker isn't quite right and i plan to pull it from the ceiling and check the wires, as well as check the connectors on the head unit. I suspect you have a loose wire/bad connection and it should be an easy fix. If however a nail got into a wire someplace then it's gonna be a bigger deal to fix as a new wire needs run - that would be worth a warranty trip to the dealer.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #7

Im taking it in tomorrow for warranty trip. I did just reserve spot #78 at long point park in melbourne, fl north of sebastian inlet. sept 9-12, planning a fishing trip with the guys. you can pull your boat right up to your camper overnight at select sites. you can even choose to rent a boat.

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #8

shasta follow up

quick follow up on warranty items taken care of by dealership:
bath tub soft around drain / tub replaced and re-enforced
radio c speaker cutting in and out (intermittent) / dealership test found no issue
rear bumper bike mount holes missing for mounting / drilled and resolved
rear bunkhouse dinette table too small for bunk coversion / table replaced with correct size

u shaped kitchen dinette table too small for bed fold down (dealer actually found this issue) / table replaced with correct size, extra fitted cushion on order

stove exhaust fan outside cover missing / replaced and sealed
purchased camco vent covers and installed x3

negative note: found new small dent on front of unit diamond plate cover starboard edge. looks like same height as their tractor used for unit transport on lot. I found after I left dealership. Decided to not address due to size and I found after I left, would be my word against theirs. Good decision? Im not sure. Over all, I am pleased with FR standing behind the Shasta brand.

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 08-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I am a part time tech and we sell the Shasta Line, along with other Forrest River products. As for your radio, we had one, similar problem. I finally, after swapping radio and outside speakers, got a wiring diagram. Had to rewire all the speakers, all were wrong. Something like speaker "A" left positive, might be right, but the "A" left negative was wired to "C" right negative, and so on. Don't have the diagram for your unit, not hard to pull out, and check the wiring. Took me about an hour to repair.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #10

Thank you windrider!

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
Brigitte

Hello! How do you like your Shasta trailer?
We just purchased our first travel trailer and chose the Shasta Revere 21FBS LE
it's heavier that say a Jayco but the truck can handle it. About the same weight as the jayco jayfeather 24 feet but I didnd't want or need that large a trailer, there is just two of us. the smaller jayco didn't have a slideout and we really wanted a slideout. My brother in law sold travel trailers a few years ago and told me to stay away from light trailers. Are the conventional built trailers better or just heavier?
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #12

Congrats on your new trailer and welcome to the forum! We need more Shasta owners! I am trying to get the administrator to start our own section.
Typically lighter trailers are lighter because of the lighter materials used. Depending on the manufacturer, these materials may be of lesser quality. Lots of research helps to figure out who has the best light weights. We love our Shasta. We have had some minor issues of which all have been taken care via warranty through the dealership. As far as towing, we have no issues. I purchased a WD hitch with a friction sway bar and my 2010 half ton pulls just fine. If you get a WD hitch and have installed by the dealer, make sure you get the manual and double check the installation. Mine was wrong and I have read on this forum that alot of folks had to re-adjust or completely re-install the WD hitch properly.

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #13
Brigitte

Just the two of us (135 lbs and 180 lbs), a chihuahua 8 lbs and sheltie 25 lbs, 2 50 lbs suitcase and not much in the trailer except what isin there plus two bicycles.
The tongue weight on the trailer is not dry it's 10% of the total loaded. Trailer
My class IV. Hitch will take 1045 lbs
And yes, the harness is. There for thebrake controller and have HD engine cooling,
hD transmission oil cooler, 700 amp battery

Oh, and i also order the Mopar brake controller :smileup: The other truck add on type store was insiting that there was no way no how and no brake controller that was gonna fit in the space above the parking brake. Showed him a picture of what i wanted and he still insisted it was mounted on the dash part!! I told him the wiring harness was right behind there but he was justset and determined to not listen or care. He wanted to install his model on the dash just under the ignition where my knee was likely to hit it all the time.

Also, i went in looking for a Reese dual cam WD/sway hitch and he tried selling me the lesser version pro something. He just tought cuz I'm a woman he was going to snow me! Pissed me off, so off I went to another place where I found exactly what I was looking for.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #14

how do you like the reese dual cam WD hitch?

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
Brigitte

We get the trailer tomorrow and the Reese dual cam gets installed tomorrow afternoon ( delivery was delayed because of the huricane). I don't have anything to compare to Reese to, it's our first time towing a TT. I wanted to make sure we got a good WD/sway bars. hensley would have been nice but $$$
Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
EEG

Shasta Revere

Has anyone had any problems tripping breakers in new 2011 Revere models? I just purchased a new one and have an issue anytime the hot water heater and the A/C unit come on at the same time.
EEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #17

I had a similar problem when I would start the microwave. The breaker would trip when the A/C was also running. I had the dealership test all the breakers and everything came out fine. I was told that, depending on the campground, you may not always be getting exactly 30 amps. 28 amps is not enough to run the micro, fridge, hot water heater, A/C, etc. all @ the same time.

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
Brigitte

Great tip! I'll remember that. Will save me from worrying
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
EEG

Thansk for the feed back. However, I have had this problem at 2 different campgrounds.
EEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #20

i have had this happen at 3 campgrounds which is why i had the breakers tested. a tip that was given to me was to turn the fridge to gas temporarily while the micro was running then go back to auto. the breaker test is worth a piece of mind though, could be something else associated with your hot water heater....

2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60