Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #1

New Solera 24R

Just wanted to introduce ourselves to the Forum. We recently purchased a 2014 Solera 24R after having a Class A. Liked the features of the Solera and found ourselves comparing the storage space with similar RVs. The Solera just stood out above the other choices. We added the Hellwig sway bar, SatTV, Propane Extender Valve, and Fantastic Fans for better ventilation. Looking forward to participating in some events this year and learning more about the group and the Solera. Thanks.
John and Nancy
jlewis3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis3323 View Post
Just wanted to introduce ourselves to the Forum. We recently purchased a 2014 Solera 24R after having a Class A. Liked the features of the Solera and found ourselves comparing the storage space with similar RVs. The Solera just stood out above the other choices. We added the Hellwig sway bar, SatTV, Propane Extender Valve, and Fantastic Fans for better ventilation. Looking forward to participating in some events this year and learning more about the group and the Solera. Thanks.
John and Nancy
Sorry for the delay but Welcome to the forums and congrats on your Solera! I've been happy after adding a Fantastic Fan to my unit so I know you will be pleased with yours too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #3

Welcome John and Nancy and congrats on your 2014 Solera 24R!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #4

Congrats on your new camper and welcome!! Can I ask what Fantastic Fans are?
2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #5

Hello, John and Nancy!
Congratulations on your new MH. We have the sister to your Solera, Forester 24R, and we are impressed with the storage space as well.
Best wishes for happy and safe miles along the way!
Jim and Mary Ann

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #6

Thanks. The fantastic fans are installed in your preexisting roof air vents. They significantly increase the ventilation in your coach. Best to install one in rear bedroom and forward in the living room. You will notice the difference.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #7

Hi John and Nancy! Congratulations on your new 24R I have had 2014 for a year now and we really enjoy it Downsized from a 44 FT Monaco Exec. I also added the sway bar and put heavy duty shocks all the way around. Made a big difference in the stability and ride.

Have a great time
Harry
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #8

Welcome. The 24R is a great unit and I love mine. I added remote control to my Fantastic fan. Don't have to get up anymore to turn it on for the DW.

Here is a link to Fantastic's web site for the person that had questions.
Welcome to Fan-Tastic Vent!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #9

Sonny,
Thanks for your reply. We traded a 36' Monaco Diplomat and have really enjoyed the ease and surprising comfort and gas mileage. What Heavy Duty shocks did you add (name, product, cost)?
Thanks- John
Old 11-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #10

Replacement Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
Hi John and Nancy! Congratulations on your new 24R I have had 2014 for a year now and we really enjoy it Downsized from a 44 FT Monaco Exec. I also added the sway bar and put heavy duty shocks all the way around. Made a big difference in the stability and ride.

Have a great time
Harry
What was the Brand and Prduct number on the replacement heavy duty shocks? What was the cost? I have noticed some "bouncing" of the coach when going through dips in road at 60mph. Seems like stiffer shocks would help a lot.
Thanks- John

Tags
solera