Old 02-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #11
Thank you, that was the only concern I had. I was not worried about the weight on the back of the truck as the fiver I'm buying only has a tongue weight of about 1500 lbs. and the payload capacity of the new F150 is about 2800 lbs. I was more concerned about the power of the engine. It looks great on paper but I never talked to anyone who was actually pulling with one. I can't wait to get both of our vehicles and get this show on the road. We are chomping at the bit. Several times you mention some type of issue with the tires on the fiver. What type of problems did you have? I want to be sure that whatever you found, I check for on my mine when it comes in. If I need to change the tires I would rather do it before they have miles on them so I can trade them in. Usually a tire dealer will give you some type of allowance if the tires are still in like new condition. I did order 16" wheels so I don't know if that will affect the type of tires it will come with.

Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
There are a lot of posts referencing the Trail Express tire as not being reliable. I also have C rated tires on my wheel. I am looking a upgrading to a D tire and getting wither Maxxis or Marathons. Still undecided, but numerous threads here say they are a good tire.

2014 F-150 SuperCrew
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond
Scootdawg is online now   Reply With Quote