Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
New Sunseeker owner

Looking forward to picking up our new Sunseeker 3010DSF this weekend. Sold our 24' NASH trailer today and will be trading in our 2005 GMC 2500HD within a couple weeks in favor of a toad.

Anyone looking for a Super clean low milage truck can view it here:
2005 GMC SIERRA 2500HD 4wd

goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Welcome! We too are new Sunseeker 2300 owners of two months now. We're packed, the toad is ready, and we hitch up and are starting our first trip with the new rig to Arizona tomorrow. We would have left today, but we got a couple inches of snow and I wanted to let the roads get melted off first.

My only complaint so far is that there is too much storage space

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!

Brian & Margie
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
The North Rim is WAY BETTER than the South Rim

Arizona is a great RV trip, I've backpacked and camped in most parts of the state and my favorites are the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the Chiricahua's Mts down in the south east corner of the state - which I personally think are the best kept secret in the Nation Park Service.
Skip Quartzsite - nasty piece of dirt go somewhere where the weather is nice and there is something nice to look at.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
We are brand new (read newbie) owners of a 2011 3170DS and are looking forward to our Maiden Voyage. What kind of toad would any one suggest. I have a lot to learn and come to the realization that a toad is a necessity. Thanks for any suggestions!
Chuck aka Cap
capndinghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
We are going to opt for the GMC canyon crew cab

We already have a Volvo XC60 (not towable on all 4) so a second SUV was not appealing and since our trade in is our 2006 GMC 2500HD we decided a small truck would ease the transition from truck and trailer to motorhome and toad. There are suprizingly few small truck options you can tow on all four and stay under the weight limits.

We did drive the Jeep Sahara; it was nicer than I expected, but the truck is just more practical and rides nicer.The Jeep would have also put us over on the weight limit (per the formula - if not in reality). I wish the Honda Ridgeline was towable on all four but it is not.

Now we have to pick out a tow bar and brake mechanism and order the truck. There are very few 4wd Canyons in Northern California, decided we'd rather order exactly what we want than have something close shipped to the dealer.