Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #1

New Tn Member

I am new to the site but not new to camping. My first camping trip was actually at Cove Lake ,Tn with my parents who rented a camper about 1968-1969. We had no water hook ups, and had to carry our water to the camper then! That takes you back! Then later they purchased a Starcraft Pop up camper. We had many good times at Cove lake, and at Lindsay Mill on Norris Lake, Tn, at Myrtle Beach, and Disney World and St Augustine in Florida. It is my parents fault I like to camp! :>) I got married , had a daughter and my husband I purchased a Starcraft Pop Up in 1980 or 1981. We camped in this pop up untill about 1998. We have had many good times with our family and have been on many good trips to Myrtle Beach, Disney World, Florida, Kings Island in Ohio, and of course many trips to our smokey mountains and on Norris Lake. We gave our pop up to my Dad in 1998 and thought we were finished with camping after our daughter graduated from high school and went away to school. Well, we then found ourselves with nothing to do and went tent camping on the lake! Well, that didn't last long, and we bought another starcraft pop up with air conditioner. Those things are hard to crank up with Air on the top! Well, after about a year of my husband, myself and my daughter (when she went)cranking the thing up , we traded for a Starcraft Antiqua Camper. We kept it 4 or 5 years. We loved this camper but the tool box started holding moisture, and the trim inside was wrapped and started coming undone a little bit more every year. The air worked good except under the canvas during the summer. In the winter to keep warmer, we started leaving the beds in and sleeping on the table and sofa when it was just me and my husband. So, we decided to trade it in last spring 2010 for a Keystone Bullet Premier 28RL We have loved the camper, nicest one that I ever owned, nothing wrong with it, but not liked a floor plan with just one bedroom when we have family to go. So now we are in the process of buying a Forest River 8317RKSS. We pick it up this Friday! Our daughter told her husband something was wrong with us! LOL. "My parents kept the same pop up for 20 years!" She wants to know why we have purchased a RV NOW, after all those years of making her camp in a pop up without Air Conditioner! LOL My husband laughs and says "We are spending her inheritance!"
So.. anyways glad to meet you all, be on your site and I always enjoy learning new things!
On the road again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #2

to the forum and congrats on the new trailer.

Hope you have as many happy camping trips in the new trailer as you have in the past.

Forum rules dictate that you post pics when you get a new trailer!

We're kind of like you. We picked out the trailer that fits our needs. Our grand daughters and sometimes our DIL like to come along and they sleep on the air mattress. So far no complaints.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
camping

Welcome to the forum!! enjoy the new trailer and post some pictures.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #4

Hi "On the Road Again!" Sounds like you are really close to me. I know every spot you were talking about. In fact I'll be going down to K'ville on Wednesday. To bad I'll not have the camper behind me heading to a campground.

Welcome to this forum. LOTS of really nice people here... tons of info!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #5

I have posted a few pictures in my picture albulms.
On the road again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #6

welcome nieghbor we are from kingston
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote