Originally Posted by mcleland
I have a 92 allegro bay motor home and lost 12 volt power. I'm showing almost 14 volts but if I turn on lights or furnace power goes dead? I'm at a loss on what to do. I'm plugged into shore power and have a charger hooked to battery but same thing.
imo, Your convertor is putting out the 14 volts that you see, but when you use your lights and/or furnace the dead battery does not have enough juice to get them going to spects. For the furnace to run, the fan must come on first before the flames kick on. I believe that your battery is most likely shorted out.
when you get a new battery, check your convertor output. If it stays at 14 volts for very long then you have a convertor problem. If this is not fixed, then you will burn up your new battery in a short time by over charging it.