Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #1

New to all this..

I have currently purchased a 2014 Rockwood 2604, Fully loaded all the options with the Emerald package, {slide toppers,electric jack,power stablizers,etc..} I hope to pick up in a couple of weeks. But my question is does Anyone have any pro or cons on this unit.. also has anyone had any experience with the center line tow packages any pro or cons on That.. Well I just wanted to say Hello everyone .. I hope to get my profile updated and with pictures to share. Thanks everyone
kodiedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiedogs View Post
I have currently purchased a 2014 Rockwood 2604, Fully loaded all the options with the Emerald package, {slide toppers,electric jack,power stablizers,etc..} I hope to pick up in a couple of weeks. But my question is does Anyone have any pro or cons on this unit.. also has anyone had any experience with the center line tow packages any pro or cons on That.. Well I just wanted to say Hello everyone .. I hope to get my profile updated and with pictures to share. Thanks everyone
Welcome.

We had a 2604 2012 model that we traded on the Windjammer that we now have. The 2604 is a very nice trailer, great for two adults. Sounds like you got yours with all the bells and whistles.

Congratulations on the new Rockwood, and, again,
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #3

I use the husky centreline hitch, I have around 6,000 miles of towing with it. I think it works great, the only thing you must do is have the t.w. & tt in very centre to centre alignment. Can't help with trailer. Welcome to forum and have fun with your unit.

Kdcamper 2011chev 3500ltcc 2013 8329ss dp tt husky centreline air safe hitch.
kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. My previous unit was the Flagstaff version of your 2604. Was a good trailer. You may want to make sure the cabinet under the tv is closed before you put the slide out. Mine always popped open during travel and got ripped off a couple of times. Finally put a hook latch on it. Don`t get any ideas about taking the shock off the rear door....it is there to stop the door from covering the furnace exhaust when open all the way.
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #5

We have a 2013 2604WS. We have had it just short of a year. Pretty much the same package minus the electric stabilizers. We love out 2604. We have pulled it from Florida to Canada.

We tow with a F150, ecoboost and have had no issues. We use an equalizer hitch and have no problems with sway.

No issues with ours but change the shower head to an oxygenics unit. Really great to increase spay pressure. This is for any RV. Body Spa RV Shower Kit - White - Oxygenics 26781 - Shower - Camping World

Have fun and welcome to the forum

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #6

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Rockwood 2604!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #7

Congratulations on the new Rockwood
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #8

I just wanna say Thank all you guys and this forum, I posted a couple of weeks ago , we were to pickup a rockwood.. Well that fell thru after making arrangement to come in and put the money down on the unit. That wasn't there on the lot.. Just didn't feel right spending that kind of money on something that was still in route from factory.. So long story short I went to another dealer that carried the Flagstaff and purchased it. In which we pick up tomorrow.. But because of this forum and 9 months of intensive research.. I go ready in hand with my PDI list. Looking forward to a well invested camper that suits my needs. And is well within my tow limits for my tundra.. Even after my cargo cap. As a newbie the one thing I see the most on here is others that just don't really take the time to do a little work and research on they're units..I dont understand why so many invest so much hard earned money into something that a lot of times they can't even pull safely with they're TV .. I think they should be a newbie checklist on here that covers everything from weight,cargo weight, needs and wants. Even if its just a way to inform others know what you want and can pull before you purchase. Never trust the dealer's .. This best advice I got was go look , come home, research, go look, research, make a deal ,research, put as little money down as you can, go home research , Go back with final deal PDI in hand.. walk away HAPPY, HAPPY,HAPPY Also I actually spent 2hrs before making any kind of deal inside the camper we actually wanted to purchase. And will be doing the same. When we go back tomorrow for our final pickup and PDI.. Its just my thoughts but if more people did this. There would be alot less Bad deals made and eveyone from the dealers and the factory's would have to step up there game cause more comsumers would be looking and not get taking. Final note : I tried to know about the camper then the salesman before I even would talk about a deal.. 2 things happened I got a Great deal. And they knew not to try and BS me with they're sales pitch. I even was at a show and was showing the Factory rep some things he didnt know about his own camper.. And caught a factory weight mess up that was tagged wrong .. Bottom line RESEARCH and enjoy your investment... This forum is a Great Place and Start for Newbies.. Thanks ALL !!!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #9

Good luck with the PDI, questions, do not be afraid to ask them.
Make them show you that everything works and that you are sure how to make it work.
Sofa bed, have them show you how to put it down and up.
Water heater bypass know where it is.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiedogs View Post
As a newbie the one thing I see the most on here is others that just don't really take the time to do a little work and research on they're units..I dont understand why so many invest so much hard earned money into something that a lot of times they can't even pull safely with they're TV .. I think they should be a newbie checklist on here that covers everything from weight,cargo weight, needs and wants. Even if its just a way to inform others know what you want and can pull before you purchase. Never trust the dealer's .. This best advice I got was go look , come home, research, go look, research, make a deal ,research, put as little money down as you can, go home research , Go back with final deal PDI in hand.. walk away HAPPY, HAPPY,HAPPY Also I actually spent 2hrs before making any kind of deal inside the camper we actually wanted to purchase. And will be doing the same. When we go back tomorrow for our final pickup and PDI.. Its just my thoughts but if more people did this. There would be alot less Bad deals made and eveyone from the dealers and the factory's would have to step up there game cause more comsumers would be looking and not get taking. Final note : I tried to know about the camper then the salesman before I even would talk about a deal.. 2 things happened I got a Great deal. And they knew not to try and BS me with they're sales pitch. I even was at a show and was showing the Factory rep some things he didnt know about his own camper.. And caught a factory weight mess up that was tagged wrong .. Bottom line RESEARCH and enjoy your investment... This forum is a Great Place and Start for Newbies.. Thanks ALL !!!
in this Age of Information, i also am dumbfounded how many new RV owners are completely clueless!
there is so much information available in mere seconds, that would give a RV shopper all the tools and info they need, to make an informed and intelligent purchase.

so many are spending thousands of dollars, without any info on how to shop, how they work, what to look for, what they need, and so on.

all i can say is that maybe some just aren't the researching type and prefer to buy on impulse and have a wait'n'see outlook.

i work hard for my money and i'll research for hours before i put a bunch of money down for anything, not just RV's.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote