Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Smile New to Forest River

Hi - I am new to the hybrid camping world - We tented for quite a few years and then camped in a pop-up for over 20 years. In November we bought a 2009 Roo 233 and are looking forward to using it this summer. We took it out to a state park last weekend and realized we had a problem - the bed over the hitch leaked while closed. The mattress was soaked. We called our dealer and are taking it in next week. Hopefully this can be corrected. I love the Roo and am hoping that we can get this taken care of soon. We camp every year on Assateague Island and will be going there soon.

DebS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
I may be wrong but i think they have fix for that as i have read something about it on here .Good luck and enjoy your camper also Welcome to the forum

2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
your '09 Roo should have the redesigned seal/hinge system.
unless it was a late '08 that they re-badged as a '09.

the '09-'10 Roo/Shamrock hybrids should have the new seal/frame/sill/hinge setup.

are you sure that you didn't get any of the canvas caught between the seals when you closed it up?
this is a very common mistake with new hybrid owners. especially the more vertically-challenged ones.
if even a small piece of the canvas gets between the frame seal and the bunk door seal, it creates a gap that water can get in.
and leaving a vent or window open while driving can create a vacuum inside, which can help rain penetrate the seals while driving.

the dealer should be able to fix it, if there is a problem with the door/seals.

be sure to check the Expandable/Roo section of FRF.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote