Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #1

New to Forest River

We are so new to Forest River that we don't even have it yet. We will take ownership of our Georgetown XL 378 on February 28th. We are not new to camping or RVing, we started out with a tent, we did that for years (we got over it ). Our first RV was a 32ft TT that we bought off ebay, and enjoyed it for years. Then to a 32ft 5th Wheel with two slides we felt up town with all that room, after seven years we upgraded to a 38ft 5th Wheel with three slides, a very nice pantry, an island kitchen and a washer and dryer. Well our last 5th Wheel and I have not always seen eye to eye, for some reason it hasn't liked me, so we have decided that it wants to belong to someone else. So here we are, our dealership got the Georgetown XL 378 in this past Monday morning, our name was on it that afternoon, we are having some changes made to it, like it comes with a queen size bed, well our little dogs think they need more room then that, so they are putting in a king size bed so there will be room for the four of us. See Mandi our 5 year old Shih Tzu has always looked at our RV as HER condo on wheels she lets us to move it for her, every time my hubby starts the truck she thinks we are going camping, I'm not sure what will happen now that we won't have to use the truck any more to go camping. This is Mandi and Polly in our 5th Wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed[1].jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	46489  

Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #2

Hi and welcome.
With a Georgetown please use the Georgetown forum area to ask any questions you may have.
Georgetown - Forest River Forums

I have a 2012 XL 378TS and we love it.
Make sure you do a complete inspection before you take it home especially the hydraulics lines and fitting. Really test the motorhome at the dealer by leveling it, moving slides in and out a few times to make sure it works perfectly.
Oh the house batteries and hydraulic pump and lines are under the entyry steps. Make sure you get two set of every key. The one for the hook and step access is a large T handle with a round cylinder.
Make sure you get a water filter installed and the tires should be 90 psi.

Come to the forum and ask away.
Iggy

PS please fill in your information on where you are located and I'm guessing you are getting a 2013 or 2014 model?
Also we would like to figure out how they are installing a king size bed in place of the queen. Pictures please.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your Georgetown XL 378!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #4

Welcome to the Forest River Family, pretty darn good group of folks

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #5

Thank you all for the Welcomes.
Iggy thank you for the advice. This is not our first RV, however, it is our first Motorhome, and from what I know so far, is that Every RV is different. You mentioned some things that I would not have thought about.
We were told yesterday that everything was a go on this purchase, I didn't sleep last night, trying to figure out where to put everything, what we need to keep from the 5th Wheel, what we will no longer need, you know I'm sure you all been there.
As for the king size bed, they are taking out the little night stand shelf things. I will post picture when we pick it up.
When I figure out how to do a signature block, I will add it, in the mean time, we are:
Chuck and Pennie
Mandi and Polly (the little dawgs)
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Thank you all for the Welcomes.
Iggy thank you for the advice. This is not our first RV, however, it is our first Motorhome, and from what I know so far, is that Every RV is different. You mentioned some things that I would not have thought about.
We were told yesterday that everything was a go on this purchase, I didn't sleep last night, trying to figure out where to put everything, what we need to keep from the 5th Wheel, what we will no longer need, you know I'm sure you all been there.
As for the king size bed, they are taking out the little night stand shelf things. I will post picture when we pick it up.
When I figure out how to do a signature block, I will add it, in the mean time, we are:
Chuck and Pennie
Mandi and Polly (the little dawgs)
Don't forget to tell them you want a full tank of gas and propane tank full.
You might as well try and get everything that you can during the inspection. Wash and hand was too.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #7

Welcome to FR. We have taken almost the ss me route you took, pop up, TT, 5th wheel and this is our 3rd MH, but our first FR and we love it. Even with it bring new we have already modified it to suit us. The ideas came from this forum as have answers to what we perceived as problems. The ppl have been so friendly and accommodating and I'm sure you will find that to be true also. Welcome aboard!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
Happy Member

I gree with Iggy and everyone else, check the hydraulics system throughout, if it comes with the res-fridge ask away with all the details about it, check the subwoofer sound, with the engine on and off, check the TV (black and white setting when you put a DVD), Take a DVD with you, check the main door properly close & open....blah-blah

and Welcome to the Forum...I have larned some much form everyone here......
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJJS View Post
I gree with Iggy and everyone else, check the hydraulics system throughout, if it comes with the res-fridge ask away with all the details about it, check the subwoofer sound, with the engine on and off, check the TV (black and white setting when you put a DVD), Take a DVD with you, check the main door properly close & open....blah-blah

and Welcome to the Forum...I have larned some much form everyone here......
Thanks for saying about the hydraulic system. We went in today for a test drive, check things out and sign papers, this was not our walk through, we wanted to check it out again before signing on the dotted line. We were looking at the basement storage, one of the compartment had a nice size puddle of hydraulic fluid. To be fair they have not done their pdi yet, that was the only thing we found wrong. We have the real thing this coming Friday I can't wait
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #10

New to Forest River products

We just ordered our first 5th wheel. The Sandpiper 35 ROK. Now only if spring will show up here in MN.

Tags
forest river