Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #1

New to Forest River, Roo 233s on order.

Hello all. I have been camping since I was a young child in a tent. I have spent many great nights in the dry side of Eastern Washington and knew it was time to get a travel trailer when my wife started coming camping with me. We have been looking at Roo's for about five years and we are finally able to get one after too many years borrowing a family members Pop-up.

I am very excited, I did a lot of research on Roo's and can not wait to go pick it up. Down side is I have to drive 2000 miles to get it, upside is I get to camp in it the whole way home! Plus I have never actually seen the Midwest so that should be fun.

I have some studying up to do on weight dist. Hitches with sway control but will likely go with the Reese Double Cam.

I am also set on the Tekonsha Prodigy P3

Feel free to give me tips on these selections, as well as how to best treat our brand new Roo when we get it and what to look for on the lot!
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the "Roo Kroo"!!!!

be sure to check out the Roo and Shamrock sub-forums, under the "Expandable/Hybrid section. lots of 233S owners in both with lots of mods and info to help you out.

we also drove the 2000 miles, one way, to get our Roo 23SS. still saved over $4,000, even after trip costs, over the cheapest Roo dealer out here in Calif.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on ordering your new Roo.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #4

Thanks, I always take advantage of forums to learn as much about others experiences and modifications as I can. It's good to find one dedicated to the brand that I purchased into!

I have started searching through some of the forums! This place is great!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #5

Welcome! We also have a Roo, but it is the 25RS model. We use the Andersen No Sway hitch and couldn't be happier. Have you decided your route and where you will be stopping after you get it?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #6

I attached a GoogleMap of the proposed route. Seems straight forward. It will likely be April when I go to get it and if I can not get it by April it will not be until June.

The trip back home will most likely go through scenic Montana, Weather and time permitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-12 at 11.38.59 AM.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	22909  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #7
Adventurer

We have the 233s too and love it. The dw, 2dd's 10 and 12, and I camped 21 nights straight on a 6,500+ mile trip across the country in August and never got tired of it. Kids can't wait to go again and dragged me to the RV show yesterday just so we could sit in some campers for our while.

First trip of 2013 booked. This time only 2,500 miles and 8 nights to fort wilderness WDW and Universal Studios to see Potter World, Cape Canaveral, and finally Savannah to see visit the founding home of the girls scouts and then back home to Ohio.

Great storage space, lots of room and tows fine with my 2004 f150 4x4 screw.

Safe travels.
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s