Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

new to forum

Hi im Bev my husband is Steve.We have a 4 yr old grand-daughter that is my world.I am guardian of my MR cousin,we are foster parents to a 17 yr old boy that we think of as our son,an just today we moved a former foster son back in our home because he an his girlfriend split,they were planning a june wedding.I take care of my disabled mom.So Im busy as a cat as the ole saying goes hahaha
We have camped all our lives, slept on a wagon,in tents,an on the ground.We thought we was up town when we got our first camper hahaha.We've had 3 travel trailers in our 33 yrs of marriage an our latest one is a 2003 -31 ft. Cardinal.We bought it last year after a F3 tornado came thur our community.Our neighbor had it and it had damage to the outer-shell and a few of the windows.We got it at a deal,fixed the holes and windows and replaced the awing.The inside looks brand new and even smells new.So now we have a wonderful (biggest bathroom in a travel trailer I have ever seen) travel trailer that I wouldnt take $20,000 for.
I joined this forum to learn some do's and don'ts about travel trailers,camping,and anything else I need to know.I am doing the The Geo Method By Charles Bruni for the holding tanks.That made more sense to me than using chemicals.We have been camping 1 time so far with it and its like staying in a fancy hotel hehehe.We plan on going once a month.Thats if I can get some one to watch after my mom.I hope to travel all over the world someday

Happy Camping
Bevie1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

You are to be admired in your endeavors. Don't know what a MR cousin is. You will get a lot of free advice here, some of it is good, some questionable, but it is all given with good intent. A lot of cool modifications that make things easier for us lazy people and improve the camping experience. We went camping on our honeymoon in sewed together surplus WWII shelter halves in 1960 and have graduated? thru pop up El Camino campers to travel trailers to our latest 12Flagstaff 5th wheel. Loved all of the campers and the camping experiences. Spend 2-3 months in FL in the winter.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #3

Hey Bev! you will love this forum! it has all kinds of neat advice about everything that has to do with the camping life and technical aspects of you trailer. you will find that there is a lot of fellow people out there that will help you with any problem you have with your camper or give you encouragement in your camping experience.
tracer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #4

MR is mental retarted
Bevie1959 is offline   Reply With Quote