Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #1

New to Forum and New trailer on order

Well hello from Kansas,
I currently own a 2007 Jayco pop up ( which is for sale) and have ordered a Rockwood 2702SS..... Can't wait.....

Anyone else out there with this trailer?
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #2

And you make two! With a 2702SS on order that is. We ordered ours mid Aug 2010 and just heard from the dealer that it will be here next week. The floorplan is a relatively new design so I haven't been able to get "floorplan" feedback from anyone here yet but plenty of other very valuable tips & advice applicable across the Rockwood line (and Forest River).

Will post pics once we get it.

PS. Good luck selling the popup. I have had our popup (2007 Fleetwood Niagara) on sale since I placed the TT order and nothing! I guess everyone is skipping right to an upright TT and bypassing the popup.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
Grape Escape

Too bad. Popups sell in no time up here. Still the majority in campgrounds in these parts.
Enjoy the new trailer.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #4

2702ss on order

Yes I am not sure if we will sell it before the RockWood arrives. I was told 4 to 6 weeks..... just in time to sit on the drive. No actually I hope to use it a little if possible. We are getting the heated tanks, not sure really what to expect and how the whole unit is used in winter? It well be nice.

We fell in love with the floor plan on a Flagstaff 27 BESS which is the exact same trailer..... I sure like the interior of the Rockwood better we chose vinyard with cherry wood.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #5

We went with the Charleston & Cherry wood. Skipped on the heated tanks, not much use for that in South Florida, but yes on the bigger A/C. Roof ladder, wheels, night shades, power jack, & minimum carpet where the add-ons.

Got the TV ready w/Prodigy P2 BC and the Equalizer WDS hitch. All that is missing is the new camper! Oh, the dealer highly recommended (as well as just about everyone here) to cover the vent covers with MaxxAir II covers, so they are doing that too.

If you get a chance search on the forum for Eternabond. It may very well be the first thing I do once I get the camper.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:36 AM   #6

Sounds nice, we too got the bigger a/c roof ladder wheels night shade front power jack carpet in front. what is tv ready with prodigy p2 BC? I well have to get the hitch too..

what are MaxxAir II

where is the eternabond forum?

thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #7

Post your Popup on Craigs list. With all of the lakes in Kansas, I'm sure someone will want it for camping and fishing. Congrats on the new purchase. Wife and I grew up in Herington Ks.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #8

Thanks for the tip,
I have it listed on Ebay classifiieds, ebay auction, craigskist kansas city and wichita,a couple other places..... just no calls....
It is crazy Ebay shows all kinds of views and watchers but no bids or questions.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
Thanks for the tip,
I have it listed on Ebay classifiieds, ebay auction, craigskist kansas city and wichita,a couple other places..... just no calls....
It is crazy Ebay shows all kinds of views and watchers but no bids or questions.
Just watch out for any scammers from these sites.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #10

I had a Coleman Utah w/slide out and double kings, 2001 model, and my dealer gave me what I paid for it trade in! (had it 2 years.)
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #11

WTG 08flagvlite..... the best trade I was looking at was Half what I paid. selling on my own, if not this fall for sure next spring.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
Sounds nice, we too got the bigger a/c roof ladder wheels night shade front power jack carpet in front. what is tv ready with prodigy p2 BC? I well have to get the hitch too..

what are MaxxAir II

where is the eternabond forum?

thanks
TV with Prodigy P2 BC = Tow Vehicle with Tekonsha-brand brake controller model Prodigy P2. It has pretty good reviews here and elsewhere on the web.

MaxxAir II are covers for your vents. You have two, one over the shower/tub and another over the master bed. It is recommended to have these covers that way you can leave your vents open w/o worrying about water getting in.

Eternabond. There isn't a specific forum on it but lots of posts discussing it benefits. It is a sealing tape, I would guess originally intended to fix roofs, however it is being recommended as preventive maintenance on all roof seams to prevent the dreaded water leaks and delamination issues.