Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Smile new to forum and RVs

We just purchased our first TT. Is is a Salem BHSS. Been looking for about 8 months and finally found one that "felt right". We don't pick up until Tuesday. We are very excited, esp. our 3 children (ages 8,5 and 10 months). The older two are already planning on sleeping in it Tuesday night.

I grew up tent camping and our family has tent camped a few times so this is a big change for us. My DH said he needed a "real bed", heat and air if we were going to do more camping so here we are embarking on this adventure. I have been reading lots of post looking for all the advice I can get. At this point I am mainly concerned about getting us "well stocked" and ready to go. Any advice on what are the essentials and most important items ?

3rsns2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
start em young Rving, then they will be hooked for life,
visit often
glad your here

Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Welcome! I think you will enjoy the forum. My DH and I bought our first TT a few weeks ago (Surveyor SV291, also a bunk house style) but we won't pick it up until the snow starts to melt, probably mid-April. We have already received some good info and everyone seems very friendly. In addition to towels, cooking essentials and bedding I have been putting together a rainy day tote to keep in the camper. I have put in cards, books, Playdoh, crayons, paper and games to keep us busy during those times the weather just won’t cooperate.
Jeff, Jennifer and 1 active 3 yr old boy
2002 Ford F-150 Super Crew
2007 Surveyor SV291

Our photos:
jeffnjen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
to FRF!!

your older two kiddos have the right idea. "campout" at the house a couple of days to get the hang of it. supplies will start rolling in
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
just stock it like second home because that what it is so when time to go camping grab food, clothes, and drinks and head out good luck at Camp Driveway and welcome to the forums
2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy camping with your family, it is a wonderful experience!!! It is like having a suite, you just tow it!!!
2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #7

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
You'll need the usual plumbing stuff, such as hoses, fittings, sewer hose & couplings, electrical adapters, & gloves. I bring some tools and such.
A good first aid kit with all the necessities and a couple flashlights. Another thing that can save your family...a weather radio. I highly recommend camping with one...and finding out what to do, and where to go in an emergency. (ie...bad weather)
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
Tessa, Welcome. We are just getting our first trailer too. My husband is really excited but I am the information seeker - so here I am typing with him over my shoulder learning about equalizer hitches, pdi's, hoses, etc... so much fun. Can't wait, share lots of stories. Is your trailer new or used? How did you decide on your trailer?

BS & JS & the boys
Liberty Lake, WA
"Go Griz"
New2ROO is offline   Reply With Quote