Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #1

New to forum (but not RVing) in Illinois

Greetings everyone - I am the recent owner of a new-to-me 2008 Forest River Wildwood LE, model 32BDHS. This bunkhouse has got the most unique L-shaped style that I've ever seen (plus an additional entry door on the opposite side of the trailer) and really opens up the back bedroom to make its own unique space for the kids. Here's the floorplan.

I previously owned a large Class A motorhome, so converting to trailer towing has been a whole new learning curve! I am an avid participant and volunteer staffer at one of the other large RV forums, but wanted to join in here for some model-specific conversation as well.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #2

That is interesting. I'm looking at bunkhouse models, but don't see that they are producing that floorplan anymore. I do like it though.
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Site Team

I wonder if you bought my old trailer. I live in Illinois and just traded in that exact model last year.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by esloser View Post
That is interesting. I'm looking at bunkhouse models, but don't see that they are producing that floorplan anymore. I do like it though.
Take a look at some used unit... ours needed a good cleaning but is otherwise in excellent shape. Salem makes an identical model, and I assumed they are a sister to Forest River although I'm sure sure about that. While browsing online I've also run across a similar but newer (maybe 2009-2010) floorplan that is a triple slide, with both sides of the bunkroom extending out + the living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I wonder if you bought my old trailer. I live in Illinois and just traded in that exact model last year.
Just sent you a PM... I don't think it's a match, but cool that you had the same one! It's so unique.
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #5

Welcome to the Forum!