Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

New to forum trying to figure out how to ask a question about batteries

I have been reading questions posted but I can't figure out how to get started. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do things?

Silverhawk
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:15 PM   #2

Looks like this one is just fine to me...

Link is for a how to do......

Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info - Forest River Forums

Old 05-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

I guess I will figure this out. Not sure if I need to go to a specific thread dealing with batteries. Been RVing for four years now and doing more dry camping. Started looking at an alternative to running my Honda generator. Blogs say first thing to do is to look at how well your converter/charger is charging your batteries. Went to check my voltages only to find that my batteries were way down because my charger converter was dead. Bought a new four stage Power Max charger/converter. Batteries were about .6 volts different. Got me to thinking about the best place to hook up to charge and best place to hook up my inverter. Running two 12 volt Interstate SRM 27 batteries hooked up parallel. I had my cables from trailer hooked to terminals on one battery. Should I be hooking up to negative on one battery and positive on other to balance load or charge to both batteries? Also both of my batteries show full by voltage but the specific gravity says they need to be charged. Have I killed my batteries, added too much water?
Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #4

I am sure you will get some answers to this, but I would say read some of the existing battery threads and then start a new one with your remaining questions. Some of the experts may overlook this thread because it doesn't say batteries in the title.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum.

With starting a new thread, go to the forum that most closely matches your question...........in this case maybe "Electric, Charging Systems and Solar" under "General Tech and Repairs". Hit the "New Thread" button (as you did here on the Welcome Mat), ask your question and post it.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery