Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #1

New To forums and new to owning RV

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and new to owning a rv.
I just bought my first RV and its a 2002 Forest River Sunseeker 2900
This site has been awesome so far I got the brochure to know my capacities. and I just found out why my hot water smells so bad.
the rig was a rental rv and the business went bankrupt in 09 the rig then was put in storage till last year when the owners son got it. he took it out one time which must have been a heck of a party. I purchased from his mom for 10G. its the Ford version. only problems with it is a few cosmetics. only issues I have questions about so far is as follows

the hot water smell = FOUND, I found how to sanitize and flush the water lines and tanks. which not sure on the outside where to drain, but will look.

after hooking up external water, by the spare tire water poured out after the tank was full so I cut off the city water and the water stopped pouring out.. not sure why that happen or to get it stopped?

and shower pressure not to swift is there a way to turn that pressure up?

other than that a few blinds an outside light and we ready to camp I think lol...

thanks again to the forums and the great knowledge I have seen on here!

Stalrev
stalrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #2

Best of luck. We too are new (first time) TT owners. Just finished our first shake down w the trailer and all went well. Found a small water leak under the kitchen sink, otherwise, it was a dream.
And this site is awesome. Learned more here than I thought possible.
Mode101a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #3

last night was a cleaning night, fridge, bathroom, shower.. getting it ready for july 4th to see how it does then taking it to Austin texas in july for a huge carshow see how it pulls thanks and I hope you have as much fun with yours as I plan on having with this one lol
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #4

Hi stalrev. as far as your external water hook up, there are 2 places to hook up a water hose to on campers. One is the fresh water holding tank, and the other is the city water hook up. It sounds like you found the holding tank! Change it to the other hookup, and you should be fine, if that is the case. Second, the water pressure issue- you probably have a water filter under the kitchen sink area that is a cartridge style filter that needs replacing. Sometimes they are hidden behind a plywood wall panel in a lower cabinet, as mine is. Most RV's also have pressure regulators on the city water inlet area that keeps the pressure around 45 psi. OR, you could have trash in the little screens where the water comes out of your faucets. Easy step, just unscrew the screen cap at the tip of the faucet, and clean the screen with an old toothbrush. This happens often on new units, they get plastic shavings in the water lines-(construction debris), as mine had. There may and probably is also a screen at the city water hookup, when you find that, if that is the case. Good luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Denver, CO

"after hooking up external water, by the spare tire water poured out after the tank was full so I cut off the city water and the water stopped pouring out.. not sure why that happen or to get it stopped?"

Post #4 says it all, to reiterate you found the fresh water fill, which has an overflow line once it fills up... rather than the city water hookup.

Some pics of your unit and the hook up would help us help you...

On the HOT water, there should be a 1 1/16 nut end at the bottom of the tank that holds the anode, but some systems are a bit different. Again a picture of the HW tank outside would help.

Ditto #4 on the water pressure
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #6

ok I thought the city water was the blackwater flush I was told there would be two on the outside one for my water and one for my flush.. that makes sense what yalls post just said lol...I will hook it back to the city water side tonight... pics will be up here in a sec
Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #7

at the house

I know these aren't the pics you was meaning, I will take pics of outside and others tonight when I get home from work